Winxp home prob (blue screen)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mark, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    At work we have winxp setup on a amd 1800mhz system.
    everything is swell part from when i plug in my smart media
    64mb cartridge into the usb-reader (Blue screen) IRQ_notless_or equal to
    and lots of other Jib:-(

    Machine works fine while the reader is in but will give the B.S.O.D
    as soon as the memory card as been inserted.
    If i restart the pc, After xp loads i can access the virtual drive - ie G/H
    but then the big bad ass blue screen will appear almost immediately

    Sorry i can`t give out any details on the reader as it was a pressi
    it appears to be installed correctly in the device manager

    ---

    Mark, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Mark

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mark tried to scribble ...

    > At work we have winxp setup on a amd 1800mhz system.
    > everything is swell part from when i plug in my smart media
    > 64mb cartridge into the usb-reader (Blue screen) IRQ_notless_or equal
    > to and lots of other Jib:-(
    >
    > Machine works fine while the reader is in but will give the B.S.O.D
    > as soon as the memory card as been inserted.
    > If i restart the pc, After xp loads i can access the virtual drive -
    > ie G/H but then the big bad ass blue screen will appear almost
    > immediately
    >
    > Sorry i can`t give out any details on the reader as it was a pressi
    > it appears to be installed correctly in the device manager

    I'd suggest un and then re-installing the device. Visit the website of the
    manufacturer of the card reader and the media itself and see if they have
    any updated drivers or specific advice for such a problem.

    --
    Digweed
    .... ;)

    Paul - xxx, Nov 6, 2003