    Does anyone remember the source of my recollection?

    Thanks

    Markus
    Markus Winter, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Markus Winter

    harry Guest

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:06:02 +1300, Markus Winter wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I seem to remember that WinXP Home had some functionality of the Pro version
    > disabled (especially networking) which could be re-enabled with a hack.
    >
    > Does anyone remember the source of my recollection?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Markus

    It doesn't have a domain logon

    " it is possible to get on a domain using the Home Edition. This can be
    accomplished with the free and widely-available Xteq X-Setup 6.1 by
    navigating to the 'Network \ Auto Login \ Windows NT/2K/XP \ Settings'
    option. Simply enter the appropriate information and click the 'Apply
    Changes' button. On next reboot, you can then join domains with Windows XP
    Home Edition. Problem solved." It was noted that the latest version of
    TweakUI could also do the trick, but seeing as Microsoft has temporarily
    suspended the download (to "fix" the oversight), X-Setup is a more viable,
    short and long- term option."

    http://www.xteq.com/downloads/#xset
    harry, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Markus Winter

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <BBDFAD9A.26F78%>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I seem to remember that WinXP Home had some functionality of the Pro version
    > disabled (especially networking) which could be re-enabled with a hack.
    >
    > Does anyone remember the source of my recollection?

    You can't join 'em to a domain? - and must operate 'em in workgroup mode
    only?

    Sorry, don't know about any hacks for that.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Thanks, Harry.