    checking desktop settings, file, is still active and shows picture in
    preview box. consequently, any other image i pick for a wallpaper does not
    seem to appear. Any HELP!!!!!

    pps, Aug 8, 2004

  2. CALL THE FEDS ON THAT BASTARD.

    disappered but after

    Richee pee pee, Aug 9, 2004

  3. pps

    Guest Guest

    reinstall windows for that one

    Guest, Aug 9, 2004
  4. pps

    chun wong Guest

    if that is happening on the win2000 server or win2003 server, your server is
    likely infected with latest virus, "Stone2004",

    Offically, MS said they do not have any patch for the virus, and they also
    said they are unable to disinfect this virus, so they recommend you run a
    clean format your server and re-install the OS and restore from most recent
    backup.

    I hope you have got a good recent full backup.

    @___@!

    chun wong, Aug 10, 2004
  5. pps

    Jerz Guest

    That's a common problem. Try right clicking the desktop --> Properties -->
    desktop tab --> your background should be highlighted (if not select it
    again), next the goal is to reactivate the "apply" button so just selected
    the down arrow under "Position:" and select something differnt then select
    what it was before and your "apply" button should appear --> click the
    "apply" button and your background should reappear.

    Jerz

    Jerz, Sep 11, 2004
  6. pps

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Aug 8, 2004 at 5:23pm "pps" blathered:

    > my .jpg file displayed on my desktop as wallpaper has disappered but after
    > checking desktop settings, file, is still active and shows picture in
    > preview box. consequently, any other image i pick for a wallpaper does not
    > seem to appear. Any HELP!!!!!

    Convert the .jpg to a .bmp and then you can turn off Active Desktop.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

    TechGeekPro, Sep 11, 2004