WinXP and wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by dorson, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. dorson

    dorson Guest

    Hiya,

    i have a laptop with winxp installed and i also have a
    wireless AP & they used to work well.

    now just that i connected this same wireless ap to
    another ISP & i'm not able to connect my laptop to my
    wireless AP.

    the connections are perfect....it also shows 'excellent
    signal' but donest connect to internet.

    i also had a struggle when i had to enter the WEP key,
    mine's 26 chararcters i guess its hex but the winxp
    dialog box only takes 24 characters i guess.

    thanks in advance
    cheers,
    dor

    dorson, Jul 9, 2004

  2. dorson

    JR Guest

    Does your modem get an IP address from your new ISP ?
    Try to get internet access first by connecting your PC
    with a cable to the router. If that works then you can
    tackle the wireless connectivity.
    Switching ISP's should not have anything to do with your
    wireless connection...

    JR, Jul 9, 2004