    http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/wintv-man.pdf
    can find no mention of what it SHOULD be set at.
    Thanks

    - Bobb -, Dec 11, 2008

  2. - Bobb -

    Paul Guest

    - Bobb - wrote:
    > I've got a Hauppauge TV card in one PC and it has video input connections.
    > Every once in a great while, I have a need to connect VCR to the input and
    > record to a wmv file to send via email. It works fine but the audio is out
    > of sync. When I check video settings, I can adjust the FPS on the video. Can
    > some tell me :
    > How many FPS to select in video setup for audio to be in sync ? I thought
    > 24FPS , then tried various - can't get it right. If short video not bad but
    > if 5 or 10 minute video, the audio is WAY off. I search Google for AMCAP (
    > generic means of recording) and Hauppauge
    > http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_pci_878.html
    > http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/wintv-man.pdf
    > can find no mention of what it SHOULD be set at.
    > Thanks

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ntsc

    29.97 frames per second, field refresh frequency of approximately 59.94 Hertz.

    "In the color system the refresh frequency was shifted slightly downward
    to 59.94 Hz to eliminate stationary dot patterns in the color carrier"

    I cannot tell you how that relates to audio. I don't really have a handle
    on how the clocks are supposed to be aligned (or not). The thing is, on
    something like a WinTV card, the video is captured on the TV card, but
    the audio is captured by the sound card (using that short black cable
    to connect audio out from the TV card, to Line_In on the sound card).
    The sound card has its own clock, and samples at 48KHz, 44.1KHz or the
    like. That audio sampling clock would be independent of the video card
    capturing clock (3.579545MHz based?). Thus, the two can drift, unless
    during capture, a means is used to correct it.

    You could try asking this question on rec.video.desktop, and get
    some opinions there.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 11, 2008

  3. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Excellent - I set at 29.97 and it's working fine now
    Both in sync.
    Thanks VERY much !

    - Bobb -, Dec 11, 2008