Winternals now Microsoft...excellent!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by QXER, Jul 18, 2006.

  1. QXER

    QXER Guest

    QXER, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Mark Gillespie, Jul 18, 2006

  3. QXER

    JACKSPARROW Guest

    Do you really think that tools are as valuable as the people they acquired?

    "Mark Gillespie" <> wrote in message
    On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:44:25 +0100, QXER <> wrote:

    > This is one of the best investment Microsoft can have...true
    > geniuses...Winternals!
    >
    > http://news.com.com/Microsoft buys ...e maker/2100-1016_3-6095376.html?tag=nefd.top

    Indeed, the sort of clued up individuals that MS need.. By the sounds of
    it, the WinInternals paid for tools, may be given to the community. More
    good news..

    JACKSPARROW, Jul 18, 2006
  4. On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:55:32 +0100, JACKSPARROW <>
    wrote:

    > Do you really think that tools are as valuable as the people they
    > acquired?

    No, the tools are a bonus. These guys are the asset.
    Mark Gillespie, Jul 18, 2006
  5. QXER

    Richy Guest

    I was always told the guys at Winternals were ex Microsoft staff.

    Richy, Jul 19, 2006
  6. QXER

    Hank Arnold Guest

    There goes the neighborhood.......... :-(

    One part bothers me:

    "Microsoft said it is still exploring how best to integrate Winternals'
    products. Winternals' Recovery Manager, for example, has some
    similarities to the System Center Data Protection Manager tool that
    Microsoft released in September 2005. "We're evaluating how those would
    meet together," Garms said.

    As for the Sysinternals blog, the company wants to keep the community
    information, blogs, forums and tools, but Garms said Microsoft is
    looking at how the site might be integrated into other Microsoft efforts
    "so that it's not quite so separate." "

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold, Jul 20, 2006