Winter is near

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jun 21, 2010.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jun 21, 2010

  2. mmyvusenet

    Tim Conway Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello:
    >
    > Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    > closer, and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    Hi Miguel, This isn't a bad photo. The background is a little busy, but
    that is the nature of the scene. Nice view of the geranium.
    Tim Conway, Jun 21, 2010

  3. Ï "mmyvusenet" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    > Hello:
    >
    > Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    > closer, and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    You're improving a lot! This photo is very well composed, the leave on the
    upper part is like a shade, making for a tight framing. Also, well exposed,
    too.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jun 21, 2010
  4. mmyvusenet

    GregS Guest

    In article <hvnerh$s0t$-september.org>, "Tim Conway" <> wrote:

    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    >> closer, and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    >Hi Miguel, This isn't a bad photo. The background is a little busy, but
    >that is the nature of the scene. Nice view of the geranium.

    Don't worry, your days are getting longer.

    greg
    GregS, Jun 22, 2010
  5. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "GregS" <> wrote in message

    > Don't worry, your days are getting longer.

    Here in the Northern hemisphere, our days are getting shorter, starting
    yesterday

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jun 23, 2010
  6. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tim Conway" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hvnerh$s0t$-september.org...

    > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    >> closer, and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > Hi Miguel, This isn't a bad photo. The background is a little busy, but
    > that is the nature of the scene. Nice view of the geranium.

    Hello, thanks for your comment, I also hope to do soon some pictures of the
    historic center of Lima, but the day sometimes darkens quickly at this time
    of year.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010
  7. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Tzortzakakis Dimitris" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:hvnvid$ark$...

    > Ï "mmyvusenet" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    >> closer, and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>

    > You're improving a lot! This photo is very well composed, the leave on the
    > upper part is like a shade, making for a tight framing. Also, well
    > exposed, too.

    Hello, thanks for your comment, now that the cold winter starts I hope other
    plants appear persevering with the difficult climate.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010
  8. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "rwalker" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:13:14 +0300, "Tzortzakakis Dimitris"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Ï "mmyvusenet" <> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
    >>> Hello:
    >>>
    >>> Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    >>> closer, and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
    >>>

    >>You're improving a lot! This photo is very well composed, the leave on the
    >>upper part is like a shade, making for a tight framing. Also, well
    >>exposed,
    >>too.

    > I agree with both of the above. Nice job.
    >
    > How cold does it get in Lima in the winter? Does it snow there?

    Hello, winter in Lima is only cold, wind and high humidity, during the day
    is enough is wrap up warm a bit, but at night it is necessary to take
    precautions.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "John Navas" <> escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...
    > On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 19:01:45 -0500, in
    > <>, "mmyvusenet"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting
    >>closer,
    >>and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >>
    >>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > Nice image, excellent composition and exposure.

    Hello, thanks for your appreciation, I am posting about a photo I took on an
    interesting amphibious, there are species that have no problems with winter.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jun 23, 2010
  10. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting closer,
    > and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >
    > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    Here in the U.S.A., summer arrived about a week ago.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 30, 2010
  11. mmyvusenet

    krishnananda Guest

    In article <>,
    John Turco <> wrote:

    > mmyvusenet wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello:
    > >
    > > Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting closer,
    > > and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    > >
    > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    > >
    > > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > Here in the U.S.A., summer arrived about a week ago.

    Don't you mean "Here in the Northern Hemisphere"?

    Last I checked Lima Peru was in the Southern Hemisphere. Where winter
    just began the very same day summer began north of the equator.
    krishnananda, Jun 30, 2010
  12. On 2010-06-30, krishnananda wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > John Turco <> wrote:
    >
    >> mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Hello:
    >> >
    >> > Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting closer,
    >> > and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    >> Here in the U.S.A., summer arrived about a week ago.

    > Don't you mean "Here in the Northern Hemisphere"?

    Many USAnians are unaware that there's anything besides the USA in

    Chris F.A. Johnson <http://cfajohnson.com>
    Author: =======================
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jun 30, 2010
  13. Die Wahrheit wrote:

    > A fun story ... the "hot cross bun" was invented by your Pagans ancestors,
    > decorated with cuts that way to celebrate the 4 (or 8) points of the year,
    > the 4 directions of the globe. (The scone still divided into eighths.) Then
    > christians covered up the original meaning by saying it now represented
    > their imaginary crucifixion story. Then the jewish culture stepped in and
    > said, "We can't have that! Make a bun with no center so no cross can be
    > imprinted on it!"
    >
    > Voilà! The Bagel!

    'Ceptin' a real bagel ain't no bun. It's boiled before being baked.

    And crucifying folk was done for real a few thou. ago, but now it's not
    done to the flesh so much.

    --
    lsmft
    John McWilliams, Jul 1, 2010
  14. mmyvusenet

    Peter Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    Die Wahrheit wrote:

    > A fun story ... the "hot cross bun" was invented by your Pagans ancestors,
    > decorated with cuts that way to celebrate the 4 (or 8) points of the year,
    > the 4 directions of the globe. (The scone still divided into eighths.)
    > Then
    > christians covered up the original meaning by saying it now represented
    > their imaginary crucifixion story. Then the jewish culture stepped in and
    > said, "We can't have that! Make a bun with no center so no cross can be
    > imprinted on it!"
    >
    > Voilà! The Bagel!

    'Ceptin' a real bagel ain't no bun. It's boiled before being baked.

    Rack bagels are still bagels. They just don't taste as good. In some areas
    of this country, such as the deep South, California and Florida, the water
    is so bad that a boiled bagel doesn't taste right.
    I had serious conversations about the economics of tanking NY water to
    Southern bagel makers. We determined that it was not worth the cost.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Jul 1, 2010
  15. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    krishnananda wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > John Turco <> wrote:
    >
    > > mmyvusenet wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hello:
    > > >
    > > > Hello, in Lima is becoming more and more cold, and winter is getting closer,
    > > > and in this time I found this species to resist climate change:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4718111654/
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

    > > Here in the U.S.A., summer arrived about a week ago.

    > Don't you mean "Here in the Northern Hemisphere"?
    >
    > Last I checked Lima Peru was in the Southern Hemisphere. Where winter
    > just began the very same day summer began north of the equator.

    I happen to live in a specific part of the "Northern Hemisphere" -- which
    is why I wrote, "U.S.A." (and not "Canada" or "Mexico" or "Germany").

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jul 20, 2010