    will my girlfriend think i went too far with that???

    probably///
    but tough...i'm paying the bills for heat you know!
    philo, Nov 18, 2005

  2. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    > ...at least where i live.
    > i've heard that natural gas pricing is going to really increase this
    > year...so this is what i did:
    >
    > closed the vents and shut the doors in 3 minimally used rooms.
    >
    > then i noticed that in the kitchen...
    > the pantry has a door on it...which i also closed.
    >
    > will my girlfriend think i went too far with that???
    >
    > probably///
    > but tough...i'm paying the bills for heat you know!

    The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the house
    anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar because it was
    cool?

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 18, 2005

  3. philo

    old jon Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > philo spewed forth:
    >> ...at least where i live.
    >> i've heard that natural gas pricing is going to really increase this
    >> year...so this is what i did:
    >>
    >> closed the vents and shut the doors in 3 minimally used rooms.
    >>
    >> then i noticed that in the kitchen...
    >> the pantry has a door on it...which i also closed.
    >>
    >> will my girlfriend think i went too far with that???
    >>
    >> probably///
    >> but tough...i'm paying the bills for heat you know!

    > The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the house
    > anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar because it
    > was cool?

    I remember it well, you must be as old as me (74). Or did your granddad tell
    you about those good ol` days ?. <g>.

    old jon, Nov 18, 2005
  4. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:85qff.24138$,
    old jon spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:,
    >> philo spewed forth:
    >>> ...at least where i live.
    >>> i've heard that natural gas pricing is going to really increase this
    >>> year...so this is what i did:
    >>>
    >>> closed the vents and shut the doors in 3 minimally used rooms.
    >>>
    >>> then i noticed that in the kitchen...
    >>> the pantry has a door on it...which i also closed.
    >>>
    >>> will my girlfriend think i went too far with that???
    >>>
    >>> probably///
    >>> but tough...i'm paying the bills for heat you know!

    >> The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the
    >> house anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar
    >> because it was cool?
    >>

    > I remember it well, you must be as old as me (74). Or did your
    > granddad tell you about those good ol` days ?. <g>.

    Nah - I'm only in my late 40's. I just remember the family stories :)

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 18, 2005
  5. philo

    philo Guest

    > The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the house
    > anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar because it was
    > cool?

    Yes
    that is exactly what i will tell my girlfriend...
    btw: when i was a kid
    my parents had a "root cellar"
    philo, Nov 18, 2005
  6. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    philo spewed forth:
    >> The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the
    >> house anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar
    >> because it was cool?
    >>

    > Yes
    > that is exactly what i will tell my girlfriend...
    > btw: when i was a kid
    > my parents had a "root cellar"

    Exactly. And it's very hard to argue with that logic. I used to be in the
    food industry. Truth is most people who think they have a 24 hour flu bug
    really got a mild case of food poisoning. So keeping that pantry cold is
    good for her health too <g>

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005
  7. philo

    Top Guest

    On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:38:44 +0000, old jon wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:,
    >> philo spewed forth:
    >>> ...at least where i live.
    >>> i've heard that natural gas pricing is going to really increase this
    >>> year...so this is what i did:
    >>>
    >>> closed the vents and shut the doors in 3 minimally used rooms.
    >>>
    >>> then i noticed that in the kitchen...
    >>> the pantry has a door on it...which i also closed.
    >>>
    >>> will my girlfriend think i went too far with that???
    >>>
    >>> probably///
    >>> but tough...i'm paying the bills for heat you know!

    >> The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the house
    >> anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar because it
    >> was cool?
    >>

    > I remember it well, you must be as old as me (74). Or did your granddad tell
    > you about those good ol` days ?. <g>.
    >
    >> --
    >> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking
    >> like an idiot.

    Grandparents used it for food storage and a storm cellar. Guess they would
    have had something to eat if the house blew away.

    Top
    Top, Nov 19, 2005
  8. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:p,
    Top spewed forth:
    > On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 19:38:44 +0000, old jon wrote:
    >

    >> "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>> In news:,
    >>> philo spewed forth:

    >>> The pantry should be closed and kept cooler than the rest of the
    >>> house anyway. Remember when people stored their food in the cellar
    >>> because it was cool?
    >>>

    >> I remember it well, you must be as old as me (74). Or did your
    >> granddad tell you about those good ol` days ?. <g>.
    >>
    >>> --
    >>> There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore
    >>> looking like an idiot.
    >>>

    > Grandparents used it for food storage and a storm cellar. Guess they
    > would have had something to eat if the house blew away.
    >
    > Top

    LOL!

    like an idiot.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 19, 2005