    get these two back togeather; they make a wonderful couple.

    please and thank you,
    flickfan
    flickfan, Dec 31, 2007

  2. flickfan

    thanatoid Guest

    flickfan <> wrote in
    news::

    > When i open winrar my d/l folder appears; everything pops
    > up; jpegs, rar files and par revovery files. i found that
    > it was slow opening up the quickpar program so i've learned
    > to just d-click on the pars inside WinRar. Now of course
    > somethings gone haywire as now a window pops up with miles
    > of code begins with Par 2 pktd. How, please, do i get
    > these two back togeather; they make a wonderful couple.
    >
    > please and thank you,
    > flickfan

    You DON'T get them back together, they HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH
    EACH OTHER.

    You make a directory (AKA folder) for the rar stuff and unrar
    it.

    If what you get is missing stuff, you move it all to a par
    directory, DL the par files /there/ and use Quickpar on the lot.

    Hope this is clear enough.

    I have ALL my downloads go into c:\temp (it would be even better
    to have them on another partition, but whatever). No
    "MyDocushit" for me, thanks.

    In temp I have subdirectories, like music, txt, pix, etc.

    Using a good file manager will make all this very easy.

    www.ghisler.com ($35 IIRC but works forever in trial mode) or
    "free commander" if you are REALLY cheap (basically a free
    rewrite of TC with some more advanced features missing *but* a
    pretty XP/Vista interface! /bleah/).

    --
    The only cure for stupidity is death.
    The only cure for brilliance is death.