    extract the file names onto a word doc in the easiest manner?

    Thanks
    Lee

    Lee Davison, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Lee Davison

    Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:00:29 +0000 (UTC), "Lee Davison"
    <> wrote:

    |> Win2k, oe6 ie6
    |> I have a .rar file in which ive saved most of my music collection, you open
    |> the file and theres a folder per artist with a few sub folders for different
    |> albums. I would like to get a sheet of paper printed showing me what
    |> individual songs I have in the whole rar file ie so i can pick from what ive
    |> got and make a "best of my collection" CD. Can anyone advise how to copy /
    |> extract the file names onto a word doc in the easiest manner?

    Download RAR for dos
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=rar dos&btnG=Google Search

    In a dos window and in the RAR directory type in rar /? for a list of
    commands, I think yours would be - rar v 'your file' > filelist.txt

    Move/copy your file into the RAR directory, makes it a lot easier to
    work with.

    --

    , Jan 25, 2005

  3. Lee Davison

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:00:29 +0000 (UTC), Lee Davison wrote:

    >Win2k, oe6 ie6
    >I have a .rar file in which ive saved most of my music collection, you open
    >the file and theres a folder per artist with a few sub folders for different
    >albums. I would like to get a sheet of paper printed showing me what
    >individual songs I have in the whole rar file ie so i can pick from what ive
    >got and make a "best of my collection" CD. Can anyone advise how to copy /
    >extract the file names onto a word doc in the easiest manner?

    See the command line help,

    for the lb and lt command. That l - as in lower case L.
    or the vt and vb commands.

    Oddly enough there are examples in the Rar.txt file

    User's Manual
    RAR 3.30 32-bit console version

    Me

    why?, Jan 25, 2005