    download.
    Thanks
    Lee

    Lee Davison, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Lee Davison

    °Mike° Guest

    Either the archive/s are corrupt or damaged, or an illegal
    installation of WinRAR was used to add the authenticity
    details. Try downloading them from an ORIGINAL source,
    and not a thief's paradise like eMule.

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:21:45 +0000 (UTC), in
    <d1kig9$2ch$>
    Lee Davison scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Lee Davison

    Sano Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:21:45 +0000 (UTC), Lee Davison wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I recently downloaded some rather large files (maps) off Emule which are
    > winRAR zip files. I tried to extract them and I get the error message,
    > "invalid or corrupt authenticity information". The maps arent copyrighted so
    > I cant understand the error. Is there a way to disable the check or a
    > different program that would open them? They took me a long time to find and
    > download.
    > Thanks
    > Lee

    Do you have winrar in your shell? IOW, a right click menu?

    If so, select "extract to" and put a check into 'keep broken files'.

    Sano, Mar 20, 2005
  4. Lee Davison

    Anonymous Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > Either the archive/s are corrupt or damaged, or an illegal
    > installation of WinRAR was used to add the authenticity
    > details. Try downloading them from an ORIGINAL source,
    > and not a thief's paradise like eMule.
    >
    > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:21:45 +0000 (UTC), in
    > <d1kig9$2ch$>
    > Lee Davison scrawled:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>I recently downloaded some rather large files (maps) off Emule which are
    >>winRAR zip files. I tried to extract them and I get the error message,
    >>"invalid or corrupt authenticity information". The maps arent copyrighted so
    >>I cant understand the error. Is there a way to disable the check or a
    >>different program that would open them? They took me a long time to find and
    >>download.
    >>Thanks
    >>Lee

    What is eMule? I've never heard of it before.

    Anonymous, Mar 21, 2005
  5. Lee Davison

    Mara Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:05:14 GMT, Anonymous
    <> wrote:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> Either the archive/s are corrupt or damaged, or an illegal
    >> installation of WinRAR was used to add the authenticity
    >> details. Try downloading them from an ORIGINAL source,
    >> and not a thief's paradise like eMule.
    >>
    >> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:21:45 +0000 (UTC), in
    >> <d1kig9$2ch$>
    >> Lee Davison scrawled:
    >>

    >>>Hi,
    >>>I recently downloaded some rather large files (maps) off Emule which are
    >>>winRAR zip files. I tried to extract them and I get the error message,
    >>>"invalid or corrupt authenticity information". The maps arent copyrighted so
    >>>I cant understand the error. Is there a way to disable the check or a
    >>>different program that would open them? They took me a long time to find and
    >>>download.
    >>>Thanks
    >>>Lee
    >>>

    >What is eMule? I've never heard of it before.

    It's another P2P file-sharing program. (Read: likely infection vector.)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Mar 21, 2005
  6. Lee Davison

    stanclave

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Lee,

    It is late but still might be helpful for someone else.

    1.Open Winrar from start menu.
    2.Browse to the corrupted rar file.
    3.In winrar address bar enter the corrupted rar path,
    select the corrupt rar file.
    4. From winrar menu bar click 'Repair'.
    5. a new rar file with prefix 'fixed' will be created.
    6. Rename the fixed rar file to the original corrupt rar file name.
    7. Now extract and you should have your content without any errors out of RAR files.

    For further illustrated reading please contact me.

    HTH,
    Ganesh

    stanclave, Jan 17, 2011