    Mike Dee Guest

    <quote>
    WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.

    Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
    determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    <end-quote>

    http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jul 29, 2006

  2. Mike Dee

    Ray Greene Guest

    Cool!

    Thanks for that.

    --
    Ray Greene
    Ray Greene, Jul 29, 2006

  3. On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, Mike Dee
    <> magnanimously proffered:

    ><quote>
    >WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    >the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
    >
    >Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
    >determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    ><end-quote>
    >
    >http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html

    Direct link to form: http://www.win-rar.com/bestoverallutility/

    I filled in the data. Got an email reply and giving me a link to
    download the key file. Put file into temp folder to scan for viruses.
    Clean. Next step is to download WinRAR 3.51 from:
    http://www.rarlabs.com/ .

    You might find both sites a bit busy though ... patience.
    Robert Feigel, Jul 30, 2006
  4. Mike Dee

    Guest

    Mike Dee wrote:

    > <quote>
    > WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    > the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
    >
    > Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
    > determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    > <end-quote>
    >
    > http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html
    >
    > --
    > dee

    Mucho gracias Mike

    Regards
    Miguel
    , Jul 30, 2006
  5. Mike Dee

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message <>,
    Mike Dee wrote:

    > <quote>
    > WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    > the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
    >
    > Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page to
    > determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    > <end-quote>
    >
    > http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html

    Thanks.

    The site _is_ busy.

    Ralph Fox, Jul 30, 2006
  6. Mike Dee

    Vista Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message
    > <>,
    > Mike Dee wrote:
    >
    >> <quote>
    >> WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    >> the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
    >>
    >> Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page
    >> determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    >> <end-quote>
    >>
    >> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html

    > Thanks.
    >
    > The site _is_ busy.
    >
    > | Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many
    > connections in
    > | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php
    > on line 45
    > | Too many connections
    > | Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
    > (output started at
    > |
    > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45)
    > in
    > | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php on
    > line 99

    Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.
    Vista, Jul 30, 2006
  7. Mike Dee

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:12:33 +1200, in message <1154243350.512693@ftpsrv1>,
    Vista wrote:

    > "Ralph Fox" <> wrote in message
    > > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message
    > > <>,
    > > Mike Dee wrote:
    > >
    > >> <quote>
    > >> WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    > >> the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely FREE.
    > >>
    > >> Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock page
    > >> determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    > >> <end-quote>
    > >>
    > >> http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html

    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > The site _is_ busy.
    > >
    > > | Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many
    > > connections in
    > > | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php
    > > on line 45
    > > | Too many connections
    > > | Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
    > > (output started at
    > > |
    > > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45)
    > > in
    > > | /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php on
    > > line 99
    > >

    > Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.

    Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to
    download the key from the emailed link.
    Ralph Fox, Jul 30, 2006
  8. Mike Dee

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:35:23 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >> Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.

    >Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to
    >download the key from the emailed link.

    I got the key after a few goes. I presume I download the shareware
    version of Winrar 3.51 from Tucows, etc, and the key works with that?
    Can't get to the www.win-rar.com page.
    GraB, Jul 30, 2006
  9. Mike Dee

    Mike Dee Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:41:08 +1200, GraB wrote:

    >>Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to download the key
    >>from the emailed link.
    >>

    > I got the key after a few goes. I presume I download the shareware
    > version of Winrar 3.51 from Tucows, etc, and the key works with that?
    > Can't get to the www.win-rar.com page.

    Tucows doesn't archive files, they tend to get them from the originating
    site anyway AFAIK.

    But yes the shareware version version 3.51 is what you get, it becomes a
    fully registered version once you run the .rar key that you were given.

    You can DL from the WinRAR site in the future (from today) if you can't
    get in right now. The key you've been given will still work then as long
    as it's for the 3.51 vers.

    Getting the key is the prime objective, and you've done that.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jul 30, 2006
  10. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:14:32 +1000, in message
    > <>, Mike Dee wrote:
    >
    > > <quote>
    > > WinRAR 3.51 single user license non upgradeable version this Sunday
    > > the 30th of July 2006 from 00:00 until 24:00 CET for absolutely
    > > FREE.
    > >
    > > Note: CET is Central European Time. Take a look at the World Clock
    > > page to
    > > determine when 00:00 until 24:00 CET is in your part of the world."
    > > <end-quote>
    > >
    > > http://blogs.pcworld.com/tipsandtweaks/archives/002491.html

    > Thanks.
    >
    > The site _is_ busy.
    >
    > > Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Too many
    > > connections in
    > >

    > > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php
    > > on line 45 Too many connections Warning: Cannot modify header
    > > information - headers already sent by (output started at
    > > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/obj/mysql.php:45)
    > > in
    > > /opt/www/wwwroot/www.win-rar.com/html/bestoverallutility/check.php
    > > on line 99

    Yeah, I gave up after an hour. :-(
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jul 30, 2006
  11. Mike Dee

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:30:06 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Yeah, I gave up after an hour. :-(

    I got through eventually.

    The key seems to work on the 3.6 beta...

    --

    .... Brendan

    #75154 +(3706)- [X]

    <Galactic> you know what's ALWAYS bothered me? cold cereal mascots
    <Galactic> I mean that is just some FUCKED UP SHIT
    <Galactic> the Trix rabbit, for example
    <Galactic> I dunno man... if I were him I'd be fucking KILLING some kids
    <Galactic> I remember a commercial where the fuckin rabbit WENT INTO A
    FUCKIN STORE AND BOUGHT A BOX OF TRIX WITH HIS OWN FUCKIN MONEY.
    <Galactic> fuckin kids came outta NOWHERE and basically fuckin mug the
    poor stupid bitch rabbit
    <Galactic> "silly rabbit Trix are for kids"
    <Galactic> Fuckin rabbit just sits there and looks depressed.
    <Galactic> **** NO that wouldn't fly with me
    <Galactic> I'd have pimp-slapped EVERY ONE OF those fuckin bitches
    <Galactic> and made them go get me the REST of a "complete breakfast" and
    eat Trix right in front of them bitches and THEN beat the shit out of them
    some more.
    <Galactic> and wtf is with the disguises? All the dumb rabbit does is hide
    his ears and all of a sudden he's a fuckin kid?
    <Galactic> I dunno about you, but if I SAW a 6 foot fuckin RABBIT with his
    ears tucked under a baseball cap, I wouldn't immediately think
    <Galactic> "Hey, there's a cool lookin human kid, let me go over and share
    some of my cereal with him"
    <Galactic> NO.
    <Galactic> I'd be thinking
    <Galactic> "that's a 6 foot fuckin RABBIT with his ears tucked under a
    baseball cap... what the **** was I just smoking?"
    <Galactic> another thing... wtf is up with cereal being "A part of this
    complete breakfast"
    <Galactic> last time -I- checked, cereal WAS breakfast
    <Galactic> they show a big ass bowl of frosted flakes next to a waffle, a
    pancake, toast, a banana, a fuckin grapefruit... who the **** eats a
    breakfast that big
    <Flaming_Duck> not me
    <Flaming Duck> I don't even EAT breakfast nomore
    <Flaming_Duck> I mean, I eat when I get up
    <Flaming_Duck> but the whole thought "BREAKFAST IS ONLY SERVED UNTIL SUCH
    AND SUCH TIME"
    <FLaming_Suck> bitch, you make my fucking sausage and egg sandwich when I
    pay you the fucking money
    <Flaming_Duck> don't give me that shit.
    <Galactic> Back to stupid cereal mascots...
    <Galactic> Lucky Charms.
    <Galactic> FUCKING LUCKY CHARMS
    <Galactic> Lucky can turn the fucking MOON into a marshmallow, and he
    can't escape a bunch of fucking 6 year olds?!?!?
    <Galactic> C'mon now, Lucky.
    <Galactic> I KNOW your bitch ass has got to have a "Blow the fucking kids
    up" spell SOMEWHERE
    <Galactic> or make "kid marshamllows" and EAT those bitches.
    <Galactic> "They're after me Lucky Charms!"
    <Galactic> ....
    <Galactic> KILL THEM, BITCH!
    <Galactic> I dunno why I went off on this rant here
    <Galactic> it's just always bothered me."

    Note: All my comments are copyright 31/07/2006 1:55:30 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Jul 30, 2006
  12. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:30:06 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, I gave up after an hour. :-(

    > I got through eventually.

    I gave up, will continue to use the, ummm, free version I was given ages
    ago.

    > The key seems to work on the 3.6 beta...

    Cool.

    BTW, you get some new sigs? I found the last ones to be repeating a lot, now
    I have some new material to read. :)
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jul 31, 2006
  13. On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:41:08 +1200, GraB <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:35:23 +0000, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >

    >>> Try again, I got that, and redid it and then it worked.

    >>Took about 4 goes to request the email, and 20 goes to
    >>download the key from the emailed link.
    >>

    >I got the key after a few goes. I presume I download the shareware
    >version of Winrar 3.51 from Tucows, etc, and the key works with that?
    >Can't get to the www.win-rar.com page.

    As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can download 3.51 directly from
    http://www.rarlabs.com/ .
    Robert Feigel, Jul 31, 2006
  14. Mike Dee

    bambam Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in news:44cd4db9$1
    @news2.actrix.gen.nz:

    >> I got through eventually.

    > I gave up, will continue to use the, ummm, free version I was given ages
    > ago.

    Probably not completely within the terms of the freebie deal, but fair IMO-

    http://ceg.sytes.net/news.php

    --
    I support only two teams, the All Blacks, and anyone playing against
    Australia!
    bambam, Jul 31, 2006
  15. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in news:44cd4db9$1
    > @news2.actrix.gen.nz:
    >
    > > > I got through eventually.

    > > I gave up, will continue to use the, ummm, free version I was given
    > > ages ago.

    > Probably not completely within the terms of the freebie deal, but
    > fair IMO-
    >
    > http://ceg.sytes.net/news.php

    Yeah, I'd say not strictly Kosher but, man, I spent ages trying to get
    there. I was rate-limited to 64/64 which I'm guessing didn't help....

    Cheers,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jul 31, 2006
  16. Mike Dee

    Brendan Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:24:59 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > BTW, you get some new sigs? I found the last ones to be repeating a lot, now
    > I have some new material to read. :)

    No, same ones I have had for ages. I think the random sig picker is less
    than random at times...

    --

    .... Brendan

    #4680 +(3699)- [X]

    <Raize> can you guys see what I type?
    <vecna> no, raize
    <Raize> How do I set it up so you can see it?

    Note: All my comments are copyright 31/07/2006 11:44:20 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
    Brendan, Jul 31, 2006
  17. Mike Dee

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Brendan wrote:
    > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:24:59 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    > > BTW, you get some new sigs? I found the last ones to be repeating a
    > > lot, now I have some new material to read. :)

    > No, same ones I have had for ages. I think the random sig picker is
    > less than random at times...

    Indeed. They were getting quite repetitive at times, a dissapointment even.
    (As I have a habit of reading your posts even if I'm not interested in the
    subject, just to read the sig). However, I don't recall having seen the last
    half-dozen or so before. :)
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Aug 1, 2006
  18. Mike Dee

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:37:19 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    >> No, same ones I have had for ages. I think the random sig picker is
    >> less than random at times...

    > Indeed. They were getting quite repetitive at times, a dissapointment even.
    > (As I have a habit of reading your posts even if I'm not interested in the
    > subject, just to read the sig). However, I don't recall having seen the last
    > half-dozen or so before. :)

    Lol, cool. I did nothing new, maybe it's fixed itself in some strange
    manner. Or maybe I should have been buying a lotto ticket! ?

    --

    .... Brendan

    #262353 +(5152)- [X]

    <MooseOnDaLoose> Hey Mike