    Has Microsoft ever release Windows NT 4.0 (Server or Enterprise) with SP4 or
    higher integrated? All I can find is SP1 integrated. Thanks in advance. This
    will be helpful in my MCSE study.

    Guan Foo Wah, May 1, 2004

  2. SP 6a High Encryption is the latest. to answer your question i don't know. i sold a lot of NT 4 Ent. Installs late 90's. we always downloaded the sp. In 2000 you can slipstream a SP. never tried on NT4.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVn?=, May 1, 2004

  3. Guan Foo Wah

    Neil Guest

    "Guan Foo Wah" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > Has Microsoft ever release Windows NT 4.0 (Server or Enterprise) with
    > SP4 or higher integrated? All I can find is SP1 integrated. Thanks in
    > advance. This will be helpful in my MCSE study.

    I believe this is pretty much it for the off the shelf retail copies. The
    versions that ship with the select program however did include a version
    of NT 4 with sp6a incorporated into the install (slipstreamed for lack of
    a better term)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 1, 2004
  4. Guan Foo Wah

    Tom Guest

    With the Service pack, there should be a commandline
    switch you can use to integrate it to an i386 folder on
    your hard disk, then you just burn that directory to a
    CD, and there ya go... A copy of WINNT SP6a, all
    integrated into one. This is the way Win2kSP4 does it, I
    can't imagine that this is a new concept. Again, I never
    actually did it, but it is something worth looking into.

    Tom

    Tom, May 3, 2004
  5. Guan Foo Wah

    Neil Guest

    "Tom" <> wrote in news:7b2201c43136
    $9e942340$:

    > This is the way Win2kSP4 does it

    slipstreaming is new to Win2k

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 3, 2004
  6. Guan Foo Wah

    Gameboy Guest

    Neil said, "Slipstreaming is new to Win2k."

    Slipstreaming sounds like pis$ing out an airplane window.

    Gameboy, May 3, 2004
  7. Guan Foo Wah

    Neil Guest

    "Gameboy" <> wrote in news:7c0301c4314c$9c78bb50
    $:

    > Neil said, "Slipstreaming is new to Win2k."
    >
    > Slipstreaming sounds like pis$ing out an airplane window.

    so long as you are not the pilot pissing out the front window this is ok.

    yup same thing...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 3, 2004
  8. Guan Foo Wah

    anonymous Guest

    >slipstreaming is new to Win2k

    You sure that sms v2 didn't use it first?

    anonymous, May 4, 2004
  9. Guan Foo Wah

    Neil Guest

    "anonymous" <> wrote in

    > You sure that sms v2 didn't use it first?

    ok, well native to Windows ok...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 4, 2004