    connections are terrible and I wondered if it was just me or are we being
    capped
    Kevcat
    Kevin Cosgrove, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Kevin Cosgrove

    Ali P Guest

    "Kevin Cosgrove" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I would like to contact anybody using Winmx to compare d/l speeds. My d/l
    > connections are terrible and I wondered if it was just me or are we being
    > capped
    > Kevcat

    I gave up on WinMX, not so much because of download speeds but because it
    took forever to make your way up the 'queue'. Connecting to all the servers
    in the .wsx file made things even worse. Downloads speeds were pretty quick
    though - 14-15k on Paradise Jetstart.
    I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading needs. It
    works well and the download pretty much starts straight away if there are a
    lot of users sharing the file.
    Ali P, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Kevin Cosgrove

    Tim Guest

    > I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading needs.

    for full albums soulseek is probably a better choice ;)

    bittorrent is also pretty nifty for full albums or discographies, although
    its more a matter of downloading what comes up rather than choosing what u
    specifically want.
    Tim, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Kevin Cosgrove

    Lebowski Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > I use Kazaa Lite now for all my illegally pirated mp3 downloading needs.

    > for full albums soulseek is probably a better choice ;)

    Yep Soulseek is the best for music. WinMX (with the LeecHammer enabled) is a
    last, last, last resort if one can't find what they desire on other p2p
    clients.
    Lebowski, Oct 26, 2003
  5. I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
    others.
    Works off the Gnutella network.

    Darryn Hadland, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Kevin Cosgrove

    Tim Guest

    > I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
    > others.
    > Works off the Gnutella network.

    Kazaa lite is spyware free.
    I think the fasttrack network is better than Gnutella anyway..
    Tim, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Kevin Cosgrove

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:15:35 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
    <> wrote:

    >I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
    >others.
    >Works off the Gnutella network.

    Kazaa Lite does not have spyware, been like that for some time..

    Nick Smith, Oct 26, 2003
  8. Kevin Cosgrove

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:29:20 +1300, "Tim" <> wrote:

    >> I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
    >> others.
    >> Works off the Gnutella network.

    >Kazaa lite is spyware free.
    >I think the fasttrack network is better than Gnutella anyway..

    The EU uses eMule..
    Nick Smith, Oct 26, 2003
  9. Kevin Cosgrove

    Lebowski Guest

    "Nick Smith" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:15:35 +1300, "Darryn Hadland"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I use Xolox for my downloads... no spyware like kazaa or imesh or the
    > >others.
    > >Works off the Gnutella network.

    > Kazaa Lite does not have spyware, been like that for some time..

    ....and you can always download Dr Damn's "Clean Imesh". Heaps of great
    clients have no spyware (most actually). WinMX, Soulseek, Clean Imesh,
    Shareaza, Piolet 1.03, Limewire Pro, eMule, Kazaa Lite...I don't know what
    the big deal is about p2p and spyware / ads - you just download a version
    without ads, simple as that. It's not that hard to do.
    Lebowski, Oct 27, 2003