    When clicking on OK or Cancel on the error msg, I get the
    Blue Screen of death.

    Any ideas?
    SUPERJSM, May 24, 2004

  2. SUPERJSM

    JaR Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 13:18:22 -0700, SUPERJSM extemporised:

    > Using Windows 2000, all of a sudden I receive
    > a 'Winlogon.exe' Application error.
    > When clicking on OK or Cancel on the error msg, I get the
    > Blue Screen of death.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Yup. Check for Sasser.

    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, May 24, 2004

  3. SUPERJSM

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Yup. Check for Sasser.

    I don't know if I'm lucky or stupid...or both...but I've not seen one single
    instance of Sasser, and frankly, I don't even know what it does. None of our
    machines got infected, my machines at home are safe, and none of my friends
    have been calling me asking me to "take a look at my computer...it's acting
    funny again". Knock. Wood.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Ken Briscoe, May 24, 2004
  4. SUPERJSM

    Neil Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in news:eV9VXDdQEHA.644
    @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

    > Knock. Wood.

    oh, you've done it now. the virus god's will come a gunnin'

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Neil, May 25, 2004
  5. SUPERJSM

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Ken Briscoe" <> wrote in

    > "JaR" <> wrote in message
    >> Yup. Check for Sasser.

    > I don't know if I'm lucky or stupid...or both...but I've not seen one
    > single instance of Sasser, and frankly, I don't even know what it
    > does. None of our machines got infected, my machines at home are safe,
    > and none of my friends have been calling me asking me to "take a look
    > at my computer...it's acting funny again". Knock. Wood.

    i fought in the the sasser wars. pretty much whoever doesnt patch regularly
    is target.

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE
    --
    Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/
    Rowdy Yates, May 25, 2004
  6. >> Knock. Wood.

    >oh, you've done it now. the virus god's will come a gunnin'

    bot's ready for attack....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, May 25, 2004
  7. SUPERJSM

    Neil Guest

    > bot's ready for attack....

    turn your head and cough Ken