    and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
    click Search...

    Any help on this.
    Enforcement Team, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Enforcement Team

    Flixis Guest

    "Enforcement Team" <etew@.com> wrote in news:c175o2$3k2$1
    @sparta.btinternet.com:

    > When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
    > Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name

    correct.
    > and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and

    then
    > click Search...
    >
    > Any help on this.

    winipcfg is for 95, 98, and ME

    If your running NT, 2k, XP..etc, then you will have to go to the command
    line (run --> cmd) and use ipconfig instead:

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ipconfig /all

    Windows 2000 IP Configuration

    Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Main
    Primary DNS Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.X.X
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.X.X
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.X.X
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : X.X.X.X
    X.X.X.X
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, February 21, 2004
    X:34:05
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, February 24, 2004
    X:34:05

    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>
    Flixis, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Enforcement Team

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:43:46 +0000 (UTC), Enforcement Team wrote:

    >When I type this in the run winipcfg command it says
    > Windows cannot find winipcfg. Make sure you have typed the name correct.

    The version of Windows was?

    For WinNT4 it's in the resource kit CDs, and Win2000 in resource kit and
    a d/l from the MS site IIRC and called 'wntipcfg' for both.

    For what version comes / works in different Windows, see
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=winipcfg wntipcfg&meta=group=24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Searched English messages for
    winipcfg wntipcfg
    group:24hoursupport.helpdesk. in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Results 1 - 10 of about 24. Search took 0.31 seconds.

    >and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button and then
    >click Search...

    Start/Run/ type in 'cmd' or 'command' then click OK.

    Then type ipconfig /? on a Win 2000 box you get,

    Windows 2000 IP Configuration

    USAGE:
    ipconfig [/? | /all | /release [adapter] | /renew [adapter]
    | /flushdns | /registerdns
    | /showclassid adapter
    | /setclassid adapter [classidtoset] ]

    adapter Full name or pattern with '*' and '?' to 'match',
    * matches any character, ? matches one character.
    /? Display this help message.
    /all Display full configuration information.
    /release Release the IP address for the specified adapter.
    /renew Renew the IP address for the specified adapter.
    /flushdns Purges the DNS Resolver cache.
    /registerdns Refreshes all DHCP leases and re-registers DNS names
    /displaydns Display the contents of the DNS Resolver Cache.
    /showclassid Displays all the dhcp class IDs allowed for adapter.
    /setclassid Modifies the dhcp class id.

    The default is to display only the IP address, subnet mask and
    default gateway for each adapter bound to TCP/IP.

    For Release and Renew, if no adapter name is specified, then the IP
    address
    leases for all adapters bound to TCP/IP will be released or renewed.

    For SetClassID, if no class id is specified, then the classid is
    removed.

    Examples:
    > ipconfig ... Show information.
    > ipconfig /all ... Show detailed information
    > ipconfig /renew ... renew all adapaters
    > ipconfig /renew EL* ... renew adapters named EL....
    > ipconfig /release *ELINK?21* ... release all matching adapters,

    eg. ELINK-21,
    myELELINKi21adapter.

    >Any help on this.

    Maybe :)

    Me
    why?, Feb 21, 2004
  4. You wouldn't by any chance be running Win XP? If so, run "command", then
    ipconfig /all. Try to provide more complete info in your posts, it cuts down
    on the guessing. (Actually this will still function as a workaround in Win
    98/Me).

    btb

    Bruce T. Berger, Feb 21, 2004
  5. Enforcement Team

    Spider Guest

    Spider, Feb 21, 2004

    Misa Mirkovic, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Enforcement Team

    Sheep-Raper Guest

    yeah winipcfg only works in win95/98 and ME i think. In Win 2000 and
    windows XP its ipconfig.

    Regards. : )

    Sheep-Raper, Feb 21, 2004
  8. "Sheep-Raper" <> wrote in message
    > yeah winipcfg only works in win95/98 and ME i think. In Win 2000 and
    > windows XP its ipconfig.

    Yea just found that. Thanks Guys
    Enforcement Team, Feb 22, 2004