    be
    reestablished but there is sure to be a recurring problem.
    Any suggestions??
    JJ, Nov 6, 2003

  2. JJ

    Kráftéé Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > I am having a recurring problem in WIndows 98. I continue to loose
    > my Internet access and the problem lies in the winipcfg.
    > On reboot the selection often returns to "PPP Adapter". I will
    > reselectD-Link
    > DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet" and click renew. I get an error message
    > and the conection is not established.
    > If I select the D-Link Option and restart, the internet connect will
    > be
    > reestablished but there is sure to be a recurring problem.
    > Any suggestions??

    Winipcfg is just a diagnostic tool & only shows you what is
    happening/how your networking hardware is configured it doesn't stop
    your NIC from obtaining an IP or connecting to the internet.

    Suggest you post a better discription of what is happening with a full
    porting of any error messages you may be getting

    One thing which does spring to mind though & that is whether your
    firewall is configured properly as it could be blocking.

    --
    B-)
    Don't practice safe hex,
    Kráftéé, Nov 6, 2003

  3. JJ wrote:
    > I am having a recurring problem in WIndows 98. I continue to loose my
    > Internet access and the problem lies in the winipcfg.
    > On reboot the selection often returns to "PPP Adapter". I will
    > reselectD-Link
    > DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet" and click renew. I get an error message
    > and the conection is not established.
    > If I select the D-Link Option and restart, the internet connect will
    > be
    > reestablished but there is sure to be a recurring problem.
    > Any suggestions??

    Possible Solutions:

    1. Make sure your network card is seated properly
    2. Re-install the driver for your network card
    --
    "If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody."
    Mr.SlippyFist, Nov 6, 2003
  4. JJ

    jtw Guest

    On 5 Nov 2003 16:50:28 -0800, (JJ) wrote:

    >I am having a recurring problem in WIndows 98. I continue to loose my
    >Internet access and the problem lies in the winipcfg.
    >On reboot the selection often returns to "PPP Adapter". I will
    >reselectD-Link
    >DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet" and click renew. I get an error message
    >and the conection is not established.
    >If I select the D-Link Option and restart, the internet connect will
    >be
    >reestablished but there is sure to be a recurring problem.
    >Any suggestions??

    The problem is not with winipcfg. Winipcfg is just a program to your
    your config. Give a few more details about your internet connection
    setup.

    jtw

    --

    http://www.UsenetRocket.com
    jtw, Nov 6, 2003
  5. JJ

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, JJ mused:

    | I am having a recurring problem in WIndows 98. I continue to loose my
    | Internet access and the problem lies in the winipcfg.
    | On reboot the selection often returns to "PPP Adapter". I will
    | reselectD-Link
    | DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet" and click renew. I get an error message
    | and the conection is not established.
    | If I select the D-Link Option and restart, the internet connect will
    | be
    | reestablished but there is sure to be a recurring problem.
    | Any suggestions??

    Stop using WinIPcfg. When you load it, the display defaults to your
    first connection type. That is why it always reads PPP Adapter when you
    first load it. (Everyone's does this). When you select your D-Link, and
    click Renew, you are telling WinIPcfg to obtain DHCP information (from
    either your router or your ISP). If it already has this information, you
    will likely receive an error. Proper use with an already connected NIC is
    to (only when needed) click Release, wait for a bit, and *then* click Renew.
    This releases your old connection information, and attempts to obtain new
    information.

    But, having said all of that, you are probably losing your connections
    for other reasons, and even the correct usage of WinIPcfg won't fix it.
    But, certainly, the incorrect usage won't help.
    mhicaoidh, Nov 6, 2003
  6. JJ

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    mhicaoidh wrote:
    > Stop using WinIPcfg. When you load it, the display defaults to your
    > first connection type. That is why it always reads PPP Adapter when you
    > first load it. (Everyone's does this). When you select your D-Link, and
    > click Renew, you are telling WinIPcfg to obtain DHCP information (from
    > either your router or your ISP). If it already has this information, you
    > will likely receive an error. Proper use with an already connected NIC is
    > to (only when needed) click Release, wait for a bit, and *then* click Renew.
    > This releases your old connection information, and attempts to obtain new
    > information.
    >
    > But, having said all of that, you are probably losing your connections
    > for other reasons, and even the correct usage of WinIPcfg won't fix it.
    > But, certainly, the incorrect usage won't help.

    Why bother to reply when you don't have a clue? You can click on renew
    all you want, you should NOT get any kind of error message.
    yugsdrawkcab, Nov 7, 2003
  7. JJ

    PKH Guest

    Uninstall Dial Up networking, it's defaulting to your old dial up on boot up
    ..

    PKH, Nov 18, 2003