    want to feed the audio into the Line Input connection on the back of the PC.
    Or do I?

    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Jul 9, 2004

  2. KiwiBrian

    TmcT Guest

    Are you using onboard soundcard?
    or where your CD-rom audio connecting to?

    Remove the CD audio cable and connect it with the TV card and inside
    Windows, you will be using "CD Audio" to control TV volumn.

    TmcT, Jul 9, 2004

  3. On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:57:38 +1200, "KiwiBrian" <>
    wrote:

    >I am interested to hear from anyone using this card regarding how they
    >managed to get audio from the card.
    >There is a 3 lead cable supplied with the card, but the 4 pin connector
    >seems to be incompatible with my Mother Board, and anyway I assume that I
    >want to feed the audio into the Line Input connection on the back of the PC.
    >Or do I?

    Most TV cards do as you mention - they run an audio cable out the back
    of their card and into the PC's Line-In input. The TV2000XP Expert (I
    have one) uses, as you say, the 4 pin plug. On my Intel D865PERL
    motherboard, there's another 4 pin connector by the one for CD-Audio
    called AUX, and I have it plugged in there. In the Winfast PVR
    software, I select AUX as my Audio source.

    If you just have the one for CD Audio (4 pin at each end - one in your
    CD-ROM/Writer and one in the motherboard) then unplug this, and use
    your CD Audio input for the Expert card.

    P.S. If you have one of these cards, download the latest software &
    drivers from Leadtek's site. They constantly update the s/ware to fix
    bugs and stuff.

    --
    Kristofer Clayton (KJClayton)
    Gisborne, New Zealand