windws efficiency problem regarding to graphics card

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by MZ, Jul 23, 2009.

  1. MZ

    MZ Guest

    Hello all!

    My friend has got notebook Compaq 6720s.

    system - Vista Home Basic
    graphics card - Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family

    Unfortunately his computer works very slowly. While checking the efficiency
    of working computer on Vista Windows the result is not so good:

    Graphics - pulpit efficency for Interface Windows Aero is 2,0
    Graphics for games - Efficiency 3d businness graphics and grames is 2,8

    Can you tell me if there is some possibility to improve the efficiency for
    this equipment without chaning graphics card?

    Thank you in advance for help
    heyoo
    MZ, Jul 23, 2009

  2. MZ

    GTS Guest

    "MZ" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all!
    >
    > My friend has got notebook Compaq 6720s.
    >
    > system - Vista Home Basic
    > graphics card - Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    >
    > Unfortunately his computer works very slowly. While checking the
    > efficiency
    > of working computer on Vista Windows the result is not so good:
    >
    > Graphics - pulpit efficency for Interface Windows Aero is 2,0
    > Graphics for games - Efficiency 3d businness graphics and grames is 2,8
    >
    > Can you tell me if there is some possibility to improve the efficiency for
    > this equipment without chaning graphics card?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for help
    > heyoo

    Most laptops do not have a replaceable video card. Why focus on the video
    as the issue? What is is that's slow? Is he doing high end graphics and
    gaming? How much RAM does the laptop have? If not at least 2GB, upgrading
    the RAM would be the first and most valuable step to improve performance.
    GTS, Jul 23, 2009

  3. MZ

    MZ Guest

    Uzytkownik "GTS" <> napisal w wiadomosci

    > "MZ" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all!
    >>
    >> My friend has got notebook Compaq 6720s.
    >>
    >> system - Vista Home Basic
    >> graphics card - Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    >>
    >> Unfortunately his computer works very slowly. While checking the
    >> efficiency
    >> of working computer on Vista Windows the result is not so good:
    >>
    >> Graphics - pulpit efficency for Interface Windows Aero is 2,0
    >> Graphics for games - Efficiency 3d businness graphics and grames is 2,8
    >>
    >> Can you tell me if there is some possibility to improve the efficiency
    >> for
    >> this equipment without chaning graphics card?
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance for help
    >> heyoo
    >>

    > Most laptops do not have a replaceable video card. Why focus on the
    > video as the issue? What is is that's slow? Is he doing high end
    > graphics and gaming? How much RAM does the laptop have? If not at least
    > 2GB, upgrading the RAM would be the first and most valuable step to
    > improve performance.

    This laptop has got 2 GB RAM. This notebook is not used for gaming.
    The parameters which I have mentioned before are listed on Windows Vista
    option:
    My computer->Properties->Efficiency

    Can you help me?
    heyoo
    MZ, Jul 23, 2009
  4. MZ

    GTS Guest

    "MZ" <> wrote in message

    > Uzytkownik "GTS" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >>
    >> "MZ" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello all!
    >>>
    >>> My friend has got notebook Compaq 6720s.
    >>>
    >>> system - Vista Home Basic
    >>> graphics card - Mobile Intel (R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately his computer works very slowly. While checking the
    >>> efficiency
    >>> of working computer on Vista Windows the result is not so good:
    >>>
    >>> Graphics - pulpit efficency for Interface Windows Aero is 2,0
    >>> Graphics for games - Efficiency 3d businness graphics and grames is 2,8
    >>>
    >>> Can you tell me if there is some possibility to improve the efficiency
    >>> for
    >>> this equipment without chaning graphics card?
    >>>
    >>> Thank you in advance for help
    >>> heyoo
    >>>

    >> Most laptops do not have a replaceable video card. Why focus on the
    >> video as the issue? What is is that's slow? Is he doing high end
    >> graphics and gaming? How much RAM does the laptop have? If not at least
    >> 2GB, upgrading the RAM would be the first and most valuable step to
    >> improve performance.

    > This laptop has got 2 GB RAM. This notebook is not used for gaming.
    > The parameters which I have mentioned before are listed on Windows Vista
    > option:
    > My computer->Properties->Efficiency
    >
    > Can you help me?
    > heyoo

    What is it that is slow? Boot up? Internet access? Is the machine well
    maintained and free of malware? Loading a lot of processes on startup? Has
    latest device drivers? Adequate disk space? There are a lot of possible
    reasons that a computer may seem slow.
    GTS, Jul 23, 2009
  5. MZ

    > "MZ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Uzytkownik "GTS" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >>>
    >>> "MZ" <> wrote in message

    >>> Most laptops do not have a replaceable video card. Why focus on the
    >>> video as the issue? What is is that's slow? Is he doing high end
    >>> graphics and gaming? How much RAM does the laptop have? If not at
    >>> least 2GB, upgrading the RAM would be the first and most valuable step
    >>> to improve performance.

    >> This laptop has got 2 GB RAM. This notebook is not used for gaming.
    >> The parameters which I have mentioned before are listed on Windows Vista
    >> option:
    >> My computer->Properties->Efficiency
    >>
    >> Can you help me?
    >> heyoo

    > What is it that is slow? Boot up? Internet access? Is the machine well
    > maintained and free of malware? Loading a lot of processes on startup?
    > Has latest device drivers? Adequate disk space? There are a lot of
    > possible reasons that a computer may seem slow.

    What is slow? Here is the answer:
    - internet is also slow, but the reason for that is not so good network
    capacity
    - window opening is slow, working on the computer is not so fast

    My friend has latest device drivers, and 100 GB free space on C:\ drive
    where the window is being installed. There are a few processes loading on
    startup, and it is not few. My friend uses Kaspersky antivirus and he told
    me that he has no malwares.

    He compares his own computer with computer he used to have at work and his
    own computer works better and faster but he had Windows XP installed on the
    computer at work and computer was different one that the one he has now at
    home.

    Any ideas?
    Thanks for help...
    MZ, Jul 23, 2009
  6. MZ

    Paul Guest

    MZ wrote:
    > Uzytkownik "GTS" <> napisal w wiadomosci

    >> What is it that is slow? Boot up? Internet access? Is the machine well
    >> maintained and free of malware? Loading a lot of processes on startup?
    >> Has latest device drivers? Adequate disk space? There are a lot of
    >> possible reasons that a computer may seem slow.
    >>

    > What is slow? Here is the answer:
    > - internet is also slow, but the reason for that is not so good network
    > capacity
    > - window opening is slow, working on the computer is not so fast
    >
    > My friend has latest device drivers, and 100 GB free space on C:\ drive
    > where the window is being installed. There are a few processes loading on
    > startup, and it is not few. My friend uses Kaspersky antivirus and he told
    > me that he has no malwares.
    >
    > He compares his own computer with computer he used to have at work and his
    > own computer works better and faster but he had Windows XP installed on the
    > computer at work and computer was different one that the one he has now at
    > home.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks for help...

    Run HDTune 2.55 from hdtune.com . It has a benchmark test for hard drive
    performance. The program claims to run under Vista.

    http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

    This shows a typical HDTune result. The hard drive bandwidth varies between
    60MB/sec and 30MB/sec, from the start to the end of the disk surface.

    http://www.jrin.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/hdtune-benchmark-wdc-wd3200bevt-22zct0.png

    If you find your "blue line" is a flat horizontal line instead of a curve,
    that implies a limitation that can be fixed. For example, an IDE interface
    in PIO mode instead of DMA mode, limits performance to about 4MB/sec, and
    is a major reason for slow system operation.

    A USB flash memory, has a flat line for the performance curve, because it
    is not based on rotating media with variable sector count per track. A
    hard drive should have a curved performance graph, because the curve
    is due to limitations where the head meets the platter.

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 23, 2009
  7. MZ

    GTS Guest

    "MZ" <> wrote in message

    > Uzytkownik "GTS" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    >>
    >> "MZ" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Uzytkownik "GTS" <> napisal w wiadomosci

    >>> This laptop has got 2 GB RAM. This notebook is not used for gaming.
    >>> The parameters which I have mentioned before are listed on Windows Vista
    >>> option:
    >>> My computer->Properties->Efficiency
    >>>
    >>> Can you help me?
    >>> heyoo

    >> What is it that is slow? Boot up? Internet access? Is the machine well
    >> maintained and free of malware? Loading a lot of processes on startup?
    >> Has latest device drivers? Adequate disk space? There are a lot of
    >> possible reasons that a computer may seem slow.
    >>

    > What is slow? Here is the answer:
    > - internet is also slow, but the reason for that is not so good network
    > capacity
    > - window opening is slow, working on the computer is not so fast
    >
    > My friend has latest device drivers, and 100 GB free space on C:\ drive
    > where the window is being installed. There are a few processes loading on
    > startup, and it is not few. My friend uses Kaspersky antivirus and he told
    > me that he has no malwares.
    >
    > He compares his own computer with computer he used to have at work and his
    > own computer works better and faster but he had Windows XP installed on
    > the computer at work and computer was different one that the one he has
    > now at home.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks for help...

    Well, that's not a high end computer and per one review "It's targeted at
    the business market as a budget notebook" It's hard to know without
    seeing it whether it's "slow" performance is what might be expected from
    that hardware or should be better. The work computer could have a higher
    end processor and other differences as well as XP, so that doesn't tell us
    much.

    The 6720s can support up to 4GB RAM and upgrading it might help. (If it's
    32 bit Vista it will only see about 3.25 of the 4). Vista is significantly
    slower than XP especially on lower end hardware. HP does list XP drivers
    for that machine so replacing the Vista with XP is a possibility and would
    certainly be faster. Alternatively (and simpler) when Windows 7 is released
    he might consider upgrading. There would be some, though probably not a
    dramatic, performance improvement.
    GTS, Jul 23, 2009