    is wrong?
    I have a genuine copy of windowsxp pro but im lost as to what to do next?

    can anyone help?

    damien crowe, Feb 12, 2007

  2. damien crowe

    PeeCee Guest

    "damien crowe" <> wrote in message
    news:FN3Ah.305714$...
    >I have just run the repair option from windowsxp cd pro disc. all went
    >through fine but now when i put in the activation code it is telling me it
    >is wrong?
    > I have a genuine copy of windowsxp pro but im lost as to what to do next?
    >
    > can anyone help?

    Damien

    a) If the license key from the license sticker stuck to the side of the box
    is not being accepted then either you are missreading the number / letters
    (watch for B's that look like 8's) or you copy of XP is very screwed up.
    Solution: use a magnifying glass to check the numbers/letters or backup your
    data and do a clean install of XP.

    b) If the 'Activation' process says your licence key is invalid, then ring
    Microsoft for a new activation key. The number to ring should show up on the
    screen after the failed activation attempt.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 12, 2007