    that i would have to have outlook and Office to be able to do so. I was also
    told that i could use the the existing outlook and Office from the XP. Is
    this possible? If so how?
    Mo, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Hi,
    i dont know what info you are talking about.
    For email a simple way is to send all of yours to your second mail adress
    (if you have) and just send them back.
    jk
    Juergen Kluth, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Mo

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Outlook is a component of Microsoft Office. Outlook Express, Windows Mail
    (what are they calling it now?) is a component of Windows.

    If you want to use Outlook, you have various options. One is to install
    Office on the new notebook, customize it as to your preferences; transfer
    your mail stores, rules, contact book, &c; remove it from your old notebook.
    It is possible that you will have to activate by phone when you get to that
    part of the process.

    There are various ways of doing the transfer of mail stores, &c.

    These might be useful:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/getstarted/bott_fstw.mspx

    Or one alternative:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/getstarted/bott_fstw.mspx