    change my windows license key code with anotherone?
    or do you think that i have to reinstall all?
    Bye Bye

    Guest, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Buy a legal copy of XP and install over the top.

    allow

    Guest, Apr 9, 2004

  3. That's an easy one..

    Francesco, buy a legitimate copy of Windows.

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Guest

    Victor Guest

    Hi,

    Try this:

    http://labmice.techtarget.com/windowsxp/articles/changeID.h
    tm

    Good Luck!

    Victor, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Determining if you have a valid product ID

    Hopefully you already know if you're dealing with a pirated copy of XP. But
    if you're unsure, a quick way to tell is to install Service Pack 1. Shortly
    after releasing Windows XP, Microsoft realised that most pirated XP
    installations were using two specific VLKs, the most popular of which begins
    with "FCKGW." These VLKs produce product IDs that match either
    XXXXX-640-0000356-23XXX or XXXXX-640-2001765-23XXX, where X is any number.

    If you try to install SP1 and get the following error message: The Product
    Key used to install Windows is invalid. Please contact your system
    administrator or retailer immediately to obtain a valid Product Key..."

    You are dealing with a pirated copy of Windows. For more information about
    obtaining a valid product key, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 326904.

    You can also directly check the OS's product ID by right-clicking on My
    Computer, clicking Properties, and selecting the General tab. The machine's
    product ID will be located under the Registered To section. If the ID
    matches either of the two models commonly associated with VLK fraud, you'll
    need to obtain a valid XP product key before proceeding. None of the
    procedures described below will work without a legitimate product key.

    Two methods of changing Windows XP's product key

    You can change a Windows XP installation's product key either by editing the
    registry or by using one of two Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
    scripts.

    The registry editing method is outlined in Knowledge Base articles 321636
    and 328874 and works on Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, and
    Windows XP Corporate Edition. The script method is outlined in article
    328874 and is designed to work on Corporate Edition installations that use a
    VLK and do not require activation. It may work on a Home or Professional
    installation, but I have not tested this scenario.

    The script method is the practical solution for changing the product keys on
    a large number of machines. Regardless of the method you choose, make sure
    to backup important data before changing a product ID, since an unexpected
    problem could render the machine unbootable and necessitate a complete
    reinstallation of Windows.

    Warning

    The following instructions involve editing your system registry. Using the
    Windows Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that require
    the reinstallation of your operating system and possible loss of data. ZDNet
    UK does not support problems that arise from editing your registry. Use the
    Registry Editor and the following directions at your own risk.

    Editing the registry

    Begin by opening the Registry Editor and navigating to

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WPAEvents

    In the right pane, right-click the ODBETimer binary value and select Modify.
    Change at least one character of this value to either a number from 0 to 9
    or to a letter from A to F, then click OK and close the Registry Editor.
    This renders the current product key invalid and deactivates Windows.

    Now, it's time to reactivate Windows using your new product key. Click Start
    | Run and enter the command:

    %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe /a

    where %systemroot% is your Windows directory. In many cases, this command
    will look like:

    C:\windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

    At this point, Windows will launch the Product Activation Wizard.

    iConsultant®, Apr 16, 2004