    Thanks,
    PK

    A+
    Paul Kersey, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Paul Kersey

    Paul Kersey Guest

    Owner did say that he had run adware and spyware removal. Have not actually
    seen machine, only asked some questions about it by owner. He did say that
    these were unwanted/unknown programs that were loading up.

    He did say he kept Windows and Norton updated, however it is a family
    machine and that Kazaa was being used....how much I don't know.

    His son, 15, used the machine for some gaming, but didn't get the impression
    he was all that knowledgeable about computing....just enough to be dangerous
    I guess...

    My first instinct was to tell him to format hard drive and reload OS. My
    second instinct was to suggest he get the kids their own machine so that
    they'd have to learn to deal with problems like this on their own machine,
    without killing the family pc....

    You fellas probably run into this senerio sometimes,...a friend or family
    member finds out about your line of work and starts asking ?????'s about
    some situation at home or work...that's what this is....

    thanks,
    PK
    A+

    "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message

    > "Paul Kersey" <Paul > wrote in message
    > > What would cause programs that had previously been removed from the

    start
    > up
    > > list in the system configuation Utility to be placed back in the start

    up

    Paul Kersey, Jun 29, 2004

  3. On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:31:30 GMT, "Paul Kersey" <Paul >
    wrote:

    >Owner did say that he had run adware and spyware removal. Have not actually
    >seen machine, only asked some questions about it by owner. He did say that
    >these were unwanted/unknown programs that were loading up.

    A bit of friendly advice, which you may already be aware of. While it
    is okay to accept the word of another for preliminary analysis, once
    you get into the hands on, you must do whatever you would do from
    scratch. Communication glitches is one of several reasons for this.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 30, 2004