    Thanks
    Janet

    ---

    Jan, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Janet,

    Restart the computer with the XP install disk in the CD-ROM drive. It's
    going to lead you through a Wizard that will help you with the installation
    and the reformatting of the drive.

    When the Wizard looks for other operating systems, it will find Windows
    2000. Tell it you want to install a new OS (Clean Install). Later, it will
    ask you if you want to use the existing partition, or format. After a
    warning or two, it will repave your disk and start from scratch. Remember,
    though, EVERYTHING you had will get wiped if you say yes to the format.

    Good luck!

    Matthew

    "Jan" <jojo@no reply.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > My daughter has received a second hand computer, we have the disk (windows
    > xp) problem is the computer also has windows 2000 on it what I would like

    > do is format the whole thing and start afresh, but I cannot seem to find

    out

    Matthew Lonergan, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Jan

    colin Guest

    http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/wxpinstl.htm

    colin, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Thanks a lot for your speedy reply, just starting it now, if its ok will let
    you know how it goes
    Janet

    "Matthew Lonergan" <> wrote in message
    > Janet,
    >
    > Restart the computer with the XP install disk in the CD-ROM drive. It's
    > going to lead you through a Wizard that will help you with the

    installation
    > and the reformatting of the drive.
    >
    > When the Wizard looks for other operating systems, it will find Windows
    > 2000. Tell it you want to install a new OS (Clean Install). Later, it

    will
    > ask you if you want to use the existing partition, or format. After a
    > warning or two, it will repave your disk and start from scratch.

    Remember,
    > though, EVERYTHING you had will get wiped if you say yes to the format.
    >
    > Good luck!
    >
    > Matthew
    >

    > "Jan" <jojo@no reply.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > My daughter has received a second hand computer, we have the disk

    (windows
    > > xp) problem is the computer also has windows 2000 on it what I would

    like
    > > do is format the whole thing and start afresh, but I cannot seem to find

    > out
    > > how to format it, if anybody could help I would be most grateful. In

    the
    > > past I have always had to use a boot disk to format, but this is totally
    > > different.
    > > Thanks
    > > Janet
    > >

    > > ---

    ---

    Jan, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Jan

    Jan Guest

    This computer has two partitions on it now which ever partition I chose it
    just asks me if I want to format *that* partition not the whole lot!!!!
    Help now what?

    Janet

    > Thanks a lot for your speedy reply, just starting it now, if its ok will

    let
    > you know how it goes
    > Janet
    >
    > "Matthew Lonergan" <> wrote in message
    > > Janet,
    > >
    > > Restart the computer with the XP install disk in the CD-ROM drive. It's
    > > going to lead you through a Wizard that will help you with the

    > installation
    > > and the reformatting of the drive.
    > >
    > > When the Wizard looks for other operating systems, it will find Windows
    > > 2000. Tell it you want to install a new OS (Clean Install). Later, it

    > will
    > > ask you if you want to use the existing partition, or format. After a
    > > warning or two, it will repave your disk and start from scratch.

    > Remember,
    > > though, EVERYTHING you had will get wiped if you say yes to the format.
    > >
    > > Good luck!
    > >
    > > Matthew
    > >

    > > "Jan" <jojo@no reply.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > My daughter has received a second hand computer, we have the disk

    > (windows
    > > > xp) problem is the computer also has windows 2000 on it what I would

    > like
    > > > do is format the whole thing and start afresh, but I cannot seem to

    find
    > > out
    > > > how to format it, if anybody could help I would be most grateful. In

    > the
    > > > past I have always had to use a boot disk to format, but this is

    totally
    > > > different.
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Janet
    > > >

    > > > ---
    > > >

    > ---

    ---

    Jan, Feb 6, 2004
  6. Janet,

    http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/wxpinstl.htm
    is good. Note the picture that says "To delete the selected partition,
    press D."
    That's the one that will allow you to clear out the partitions and start
    over.

    Matthew

    Matthew Lonergan, Feb 6, 2004
  7. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Yes I missed the bit about pressing d, thanks a lot it on doing it now,
    fingers crossed.

    Jan, Feb 6, 2004
  8. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Well I have just finished set up. Took the disc out restarted it and got
    nothing, I have a blank screen any ideas what I did wrong?

    Janet

    > Yes I missed the bit about pressing d, thanks a lot it on doing it now,
    > fingers crossed.
    >
    > Janet
    >
    > "Matthew Lonergan" <> wrote in message
    > > Janet,
    > >
    > > http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/wxpinstl.htm
    > > is good. Note the picture that says "To delete the selected partition,
    > > press D."
    > > That's the one that will allow you to clear out the partitions and start
    > > over.
    > >
    > > Matthew
    > >
    > > "colin" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Jan <jojo@no reply.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

    > > (windows

    > > like

    > find
    > > > out

    In
    > > the

    > totally

    > > > http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/wxpinstl.htm
    > > >

    > ---

    ---

    Jan, Feb 6, 2004
  9. Hace you installed Windows XP yet or just formatted it. Once its done
    formatting it reboots and installs Windows. Has that happened yet?

    gg pynadnaski, Feb 8, 2004