Windows Xp

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?bmFuYW9uZQ==?=, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Every time I open up Windows it opens up on my C Drive Folder. How can I
    correct this.
    =?Utf-8?B?bmFuYW9uZQ==?=, Jun 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bmFuYW9uZQ==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    nanaone <> rambled:

    > Every time I open up Windows it opens up on my C Drive Folder. How
    > can I correct this.

    Check your Startup folder and the registry keys:

    There may be something trying to run on startup that should be located at
    the root of C:. Either put the file it's trying to start back there, or
    delete the entries in that folder and those keys.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Briscobar, Jun 20, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bmFuYW9uZQ==?=

    T-Bone Guest

    "nanaone" <> wrote
    > Every time I open up Windows it opens up on my C Drive Folder. How can I
    > correct this.

    I had this problem on my system as well as all my mapped drives were trying
    to connect twice. I'll suggest that if you can't find an answer that Google
    is your friend. However to save you time, I found the solution here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=899865

    I noticed when I was fixing my system, I had userinit entered twice in the
    userinit key. I didn't do the second fix as the key mentioned wasn't there.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Jun 20, 2005