Windows XP x64 licence?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by VWWall, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. VWWall

    VWWall Guest

    VWWall, Oct 26, 2005

  2. It is very clear as day light, you need a fully working machine, to
    distribute an OEM license for Windows or Office software to consider it
    legal. Mouse and keyboard don't cut it anymore, that was just believing in
    something that never existed under the agreement.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 26, 2005

  3. VWWall

    Rick Guest

    Since the source of the information,

    http://oem.microsoft.com/script/contentpage.aspx?PageID=553068

    is for OEMs, are you sure this applies to the sale of the generic OEM
    version of Windows OS?

    I read this to be a clarification for OEMs such as Dell, HP, Gateway,
    etc. and see absolutely no relevance to the question of purchasing Win
    x64 with a non-peripheral piece of hardware.

    Another instance of someone trying to stir up the natives without
    actually knowing what they're talking about!

    Why do you think the source is a members only, i.e. OEM, site? Because
    it's not public information!!!!

    Rick, Oct 26, 2005
  4. VWWall

    Rick Guest

    That information has absolutely nothing to do with someone buying a
    generic OEM edition of Windows with a non-peripheral piece of hardware!

    It is for OEMs only, and clarifies their contract with MS.

    Rick, Oct 26, 2005
  5. Virg;
    These newsgroups are peer to peer.
    Microsoft may stop by but they do so on their own time.
    If you want an opinion from Microsoft, you should contact them.
    This may be a good place to start:
    http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 26, 2005
  6. But it refers to Small Businesses which are white box vendors that compete
    against the likes of Gateway, HP and Dell. This would be referring to you
    and me then.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 26, 2005
  7. VWWall

    VWWall Guest

    Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote:
    > Virg;
    > These newsgroups are peer to peer.
    > Microsoft may stop by but they do so on their own time.
    > If you want an opinion from Microsoft, you should contact them.
    > This may be a good place to start:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx

    Try it yourself: Put in: "Business"

    "Do you plan to aquire more than five licenses?" No.

    ---retail Full Package Product or...preinstalled on a new PC
    from an original equipment manufacturer (OEM)."

    --
    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Oct 27, 2005
  8. Windows XP is sold in different, here are some of the methods used from
    distribution, I learnt this from Darrell Gorter [MSFT]
    ZAT-00007 is a 3 Pack of OEM x64 media
    ZAT-00024 is a 3 pack of OEM x64 MUI( multilingual) media
    ZAT- 00054 is a 1 pack of OEM x64 media - This is the one most persons
    purchase and probably use on existing systems when the license does not
    grant that.
    Spanish, French Italian Multi-lingual
    ZAT- 00054 should be much cheaper than the three packs since it's one
    package.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 28, 2005