    or is their an install method that I am not aware of?

    Thanks,

    Eric
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=, Aug 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

    DKI Guest

    Eric you can not install Windows XP Professional x64 edition on that
    processor. The only PC you can install it on is the with the following
    processors Intel Pentium 4 with EMT and AMD Atholon 64.

    Your CPU is 32bit and can not do 64bit computing and if you want to use XP
    x64 you pratically need a new machine.

    DKI, Aug 5, 2005

  3. XP x64 cannot be installed on a 32bit machine.

    Andrew Ahearne, Aug 5, 2005
  4. I think you confusing WOW64 with the 32 bit compatibility, it supports
    running 32 bit applications along with 64 bit ones on x64.

    You misinterpreted.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/64bit/russel_exploringx64.mspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Good call Andre, probably confusing the ability to run 32-bit programs with
    including a 32-bit version.

    John Barnes, Aug 5, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

    James Park Guest

    My school department's MSDNAA software center offers some type of 32/64-bit
    software too though I havne't checked it out myself:
    http://msdn07.e-academy.com/elms/Storefront/ViewProductWriteup.aspx?campus=berkeley_ieor&p=72&pwt=6

    James Park, Aug 5, 2005
  7. ty

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Read it again; it does not say that it can be installed on a 32 bit
    processor...it says it can run both 32 bit and 64 bit software. Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition can only be installed on an AMD 64 bit processor
    (Athlon64, Turion, Sempron64, FX, Opteron) or an Intel that has EM64T
    enabled.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Aug 5, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

    James Park Guest

    I never said x64 could be installed with a 32-bit processor. I was just
    pointing out to Andre and John that there may be a student package that
    "includes Windows XP 64-bit as well as Windows XP 32-bit." I think the OP is
    wondering why 64-bit Windows is trying to install rather than 32-bit.

    James Park, Aug 5, 2005
  10. Eric;
    Look very closely and verify what you are reading.
    Does it say "it includes both x64 and x32 versions of XP"
    Or is it referring to 32 bit programs?

    If you are sure it has both versions on the CD, there will be a choice at
    the very beginning of boot asking which to install.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Aug 5, 2005
  11. No, Microsoft does not bundle XP x86 and XP Pro x64.

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2005