    only 512 MB's of RAM, just to let you guys know in advance. I still like
    it, however, and I am sure that I will like it even more, after I add more
    RAM to this computer

    Kevin Panzke, May 17, 2005

  2. And this is in comparison to Windows XP 32 bit?
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2005

  3. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Yes it is.

    Kevin Panzke, May 17, 2005
  4. Maybe you need to defrag. :)

    Andre Da Costa, May 17, 2005
  5. Kevin Panzke

    M. Murcek Guest

    What? I thought the whole point was to jam 6 or 8 megs of RAM in just for
    the look on people's faces when you fire up Task Manager...

    M. Murcek, May 17, 2005
  6. Kevin Panzke

    M. Murcek Guest

    Err - I meant 4 or 6 Gigs of Ram....

    Err - I meant 4 or 6 Gigs of RAM...

    M. Murcek, May 17, 2005
  7. Kevin Panzke

    DKI Guest

    Re: Err - I meant 4 or 6 Gigs of Ram....

    Not Entirely True. I switched cause i had a better experience with the X64
    edition and also encountered less bugs with some games or one or 2 that
    refused to run under XP that did under X64 i found weird but still games
    felt smooter and better, i only use 1.5GB ram on this machine and doubt i
    would get upto using over that any time soon.

    DKI, May 17, 2005
  8. Kevin Panzke

    Keith Guest

    640k of ram should be enough for anybody....right? :)

    -Keith

    Keith, May 17, 2005
  9. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Re: Err - I meant 4 or 6 Gigs of Ram....

    I have limited income (I work at a Retail Store), so 512 MB's of memory was
    all that I could afford to buy at the time I bought my computer, and still
    stay in Budget.

    Kevin Panzke, May 17, 2005
  10. Kevin Panzke

    Patrick Guest

    Funny you should mention that:
    "640k of ram should be enough for anybody....right? :)"

    Was the first issue that Bill addressed personally in his opening at
    WinHEC....LOL

    Patrick, May 17, 2005
  11. Kevin Panzke

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Re: Windows XP x64 Edition runs a little slow on only 512 MB's ofRAM.

    Kevin Panzke wrote:
    > I got my 180 Day Free Trial CD of Windows XP x64 Edition yesterday (it got
    > delivered by the United States Postal Service). My free upgrade still has
    > not shipped yet, so I decided to install and use the 180 Day Free Trial CD,
    > until the Free Upgrade shows up at my doorstep. It runs a little slow on
    > only 512 MB's of RAM, just to let you guys know in advance. I still like
    > it, however, and I am sure that I will like it even more, after I add more
    > RAM to this computer

    Far Cry 32 bit takes about 550 MB on WinXP (32 bit).

    Far Cry 64 bit takes about 770 MB on WinXP_x64.

    (Task manager data)

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 18, 2005
  12. Kevin Panzke

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    I don't own a copy of Far Cry.

    Kevin Panzke, May 18, 2005
  13. Kevin Panzke

    Randy Guest

    Re: Err - I meant 4 or 6 Gigs of Ram....

    Are you using DDR? 512M PC3200 is $20 AR from tigerdirect...
    Or maybe it's PC2700...

    PC2100 256 M is $2 AR same place... or maybe it's PC2700.

    Randy, May 19, 2005