    2 Maxtor Sata drive running in Raid Stripping (using onboard Nvidia Raid
    controler)
    Asus Geforce 5900 PCI-X
    =?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=, Jul 11, 2005

  2. I don't think there are x64 drivers for the NVIDIA RAID, if my memory
    serves me right... Setup just blindingly accepts drivers, hence the blue
    screens...

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jul 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    You didn't say, but you do need to F6 both the NVIDIA Raid and Controller
    drivers when requested at the start of the install.

    John Barnes, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Hello,
    Using the F8 to get to the Safe Mode options, there should be an option to
    not automatically restart.
    Try that option. That will not reboot the machine after a blue-screen so
    you can capture the error message and report it back.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "=?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=" <>
    <Subject: Windows XP x64 crashing after install
    <Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 20:19:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 11, 2005
  5. ""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" wrote:

    > Hello,
    > Using the F8 to get to the Safe Mode options, there should be an option to
    > not automatically restart.
    > Try that option. That will not reboot the machine after a blue-screen so
    > you can capture the error message and report it back.

    I have had the same issue and tried all of the safe mode option but none of
    them worked. All simply showed a list of drivers loading, flash the BSOD for
    a quarter of a second and then reset my motherboard.
    =?Utf-8?B?TW90aHJh?=, Jul 19, 2005
  6. > I don't think there are x64 drivers for the NVIDIA RAID, if my memory
    > serves me right... Setup just blindingly accepts drivers, hence the blue
    > screens...

    There are x64 drivers for the nForce4 RAID (on the MSI site at least) but
    they are in beta and are not guaranteed to work. I couldn't get them to work
    for me, so it's back to 32-bit XP for me until some proper drivers come out.
    =?Utf-8?B?TW90aHJh?=, Jul 19, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=

    Rick Guest

    If your select "Platform/nForce Drivers" + "nForce AMD" + "Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition" then click <Go!> you find "
    nForce4 AMD Edition (6.66) - Windows XP Professional x64" at:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_amd_6.66.html

    These are not Beta, they are "WHQL Certified."

    Rick, Jul 19, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=

    Bill Guest

    I couldn't get the 6.66 drivers to work. It busted my LAN card, on ASUS
    A8N-SLI. However, the 6.39 works like a champ. Thank goodness for restore
    points.

    Bill Sharpe

    Bill, Jul 19, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Or you could just do a driver rollback on the LAN card and try out the other
    drivers. Isn't that driver 6.66 also WHQL? I wonder what the problem was?

    John Barnes, Jul 19, 2005
  10. Hello Mothra,
    Then you are looking at a hardware reset when the problem happens.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?TW90aHJh?= <>
    <Subject: RE: Windows XP x64 crashing after install
    <Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:07:02 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 20, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TXJrb2ZmZWU=?=

    Bill Guest

    I tried the rollback, but it didn't work. The LAN card kept trying to
    acquire an IP address, but never could/would. Restore point worked though.

    Bill

    Bill, Jul 20, 2005