    can someone reccomend this product becuase currently im running on windows XP
    home edition 2002 sp2
    Thank You Miike.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=, Jul 11, 2005

  2. This article describes how to determine the processor type of a computer
    that is running any one of the Windows x64 operating systems.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

    Rick Guest

    I don't think this will help him. From what he asks, he wants to know
    if his CPU has the EM64T features and capable of running x64. If you
    are in Windows XP Pro (32 bit), this does not tell you if you have a 64
    bit CPU. I have and Athlon 64 3000+ and in Win XP Pro (32 bit) all it
    says is: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 8, AuthenticAMD

    You need a program such as CPU-Z to identify your CPU and its capabilities.

    http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php#download

    Rick, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Gilles Vollant \(MVP\), Jul 11, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    This won't work since he doesn't have x64 installed. He can check the Intel
    site but I see no indication of this being a 64-bit cpu.

    John Barnes, Jul 11, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

    Rick Guest

    Rick, Jul 11, 2005
  7. I don't think its 64 bit enabled if you purchased last year or early this
    year.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005
  8. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> a écrit dans le message
    de news: ...
    >I don't think its 64 bit enabled if you purchased last year or early this
    >year.

    probably

    With CPUID and Everest, he can known the motherboard and the socket. Pehaps
    he can just replace the cpu by a new Pentium 4 541, if the socket is 775 and
    the bios of motherboard compatible

    Gilles Vollant \(MVP\), Jul 11, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Miike.

    <Win>+<Break>

    In other words, hold down the Windows logo key while you press the
    Pause/Break key. The System Properties window should pop up in your face.

    I'm not sure what Intel computers say, but mine says:
    Computer:
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor
    3200+
    2.21 GHz 1.00 GB of RAM

    And I just rebooted to make sure: It says this in both x64 and x86 versions
    of WinXP Pro.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Jul 11, 2005
  10. You can also check >Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
    System Information (System Summary > System Type).

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Don't know how yours reads, but in x86, it says it is an x86 based PC. It
    is a 64-bit x86 machine, so that isn't going to help

    John Barnes, Jul 11, 2005
  12. Unlikely. Moving to Intel 64 usually means a new mobo.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 11, 2005
  13. I think possibly the most recent chip set from Intel this year that uses 32
    bit processor is x64 supported and can be upgraded to a EM64T processor.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 11, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

    Rick Guest

    In Windows XP Professional (32 bit) the results I get are:

    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 8 AuthenticAMD ~2000 Mhz

    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about x64 capabilities!

    Do you ever check out, and verify, information you post?

    Rick, Jul 12, 2005
  15. The problem is the memory controller. With the Intel chips it is on the
    motherboard, unlike AMD 64's which have it on the chip. There may be other
    issues also. It takes more than a BIOS update to go 64 with Intel.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 12, 2005
  16. Sandra Lite should give the definitive answer.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 12, 2005
  17. Thats because I don't own an Intel EM64T, sense anger in your post. Go open
    the freezer and cool down.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 12, 2005
  18. "Colin Barnhorst" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Unlikely. Moving to Intel 64 usually means a new mobo.

    take a look at Cpu support of Asus motherboard
    http://support.asus.com.tw/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    the motherboard which support Pentium 4 520 (32 bits only) and Pentium 4 630
    or 516 (64 bits) or Celeron D 341 (64 bits) is very close.

    by example P5P800 (Intel i865PE chipset) or P5S800-VM (SiS 661FX/964
    chipset) support all of these chip
    these two motherboard are one year old, as I known.

    In fact, near all socket 775 motherboard can accept 64 bits Pentium 4
    (Pentium 4 6x0, 516, and new 5x1 or Celedon D 3x1) if the Bios is updated.

    For the motherboard, there is little difference, by example, between 520
    (one of the first 775 chip) and 521 (which replace it with EM64T support).

    Gilles Vollant \(MVP\), Jul 12, 2005