    peterpig
    peterpig's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=979
    View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4339

    peterpig, Jul 5, 2005

  2. peterpig

    Rick Guest

    According to everything that has been posted here several times, your
    32-bit license will be de-activated when you load Windows x64 and
    register it. The 32-bit license/product key will no longer be legally
    usable at that time.

    Rick, Jul 5, 2005

  3. peterpig

    John Barnes Guest

    Your x86 license with expire when you 'activate' the x64 version according
    to prior posts

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2005
  4. peterpig

    peterpig Guest

    Thanks Rick. Annoying but not surprising. So if you want Windows XP x8
    to run (old) programs that are not compatible or do not perform as wel
    as with the x64 version, you have to own two copies of Windows. Unles
    there is a workaround that hasn't ocurred to me

    peterpig, Jul 5, 2005
  5. There is no preventing installation of the Windows XP Professional x86
    media, its just that, you won't be able to activate. With the current series
    of incompatibilities plaguing x64 users, its best you purchase an additional
    license for the x86 XP to use in a dual boot configuration with XP x64 to
    main compatibility with legacy with legacy applications while you transition
    to x64 at your own pace.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  6. peterpig

    John Barnes Guest

    Since there is no idea when TAP will actually deliver, buy an OEM copy of
    x64 and keep your x86 license by staying away from TAP (like I did)

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2005
  7. peterpig

    peterpig Guest

    peterpig, Jul 5, 2005
  8. Good choice.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 5, 2005
  9. "peterpig" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks Rick. Annoying but not surprising. So if you want Windows XP x86
    > to run (old) programs that are not compatible or do not perform as well
    > as with the x64 version, you have to own two copies of Windows. Unless
    > there is a workaround that hasn't ocurred to me.

    That is correct.
    The TAP program is an license Exchange program you give us back an x86 and
    we give you a nice new x64

    --

    Regards,

    Mike