    packaged it in if it's not compatible. Mistake??
    Any help will be appreciated,
    Giancarlo
    =?Utf-8?B?R2lhbmNhcmxv?=, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Because IIS 6.0 comes with Windows Server 2003 (SP1) and Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition and Windows Server 2003 x64 is based on the Windows
    Server 2003 SP1, thats why it automatically comes with IIS 6.0.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 23, 2005

  3. Giancarlo wrote:
    > I have a new Dell Precision 380 workstation with the Pentium D and Windows XP
    > x64. When I install IIS from the included Dell disk, it installs IIS 6.0. I
    > read a couple articles saying IIS 6.0 is only for Server 2003. I need to
    > know if this is 100% true because it would explain why I've been tortured
    > trying to get it to run on my new workstation but, why would Dell have
    > packaged it in if it's not compatible. Mistake??
    > Any help will be appreciated,
    > Giancarlo

    Giancarlo,

    IIS 6 comes with, and runs on, Windows XP x64 Edition.

    Have a look at
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;894435

    Or on my site at
    http://www.online64.net/kb.php?mode=article&k=7