Windows XP - Wireless Connects but no Internet or Network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by David Z, Mar 4, 2012.

  1. David Z

    David Z Guest

    Just got a new ATT U-verse RG/modem for Internet and phone. Various
    computers work fine except for one. My Sony Vaio SRX-77 laptop successfully
    connects to the RG/modem wirelessly, but when I try to load a web page, IE
    says "cannot display page."

    This laptop connects with the U-verse RG/modem just fine with a wire/cable.
    Also, it connects just fine to my neighbor's unsecured wireless Netgear
    router. Also, my Acer netbook running Windows 7 connects wireless to my
    U-verse RG/modem just fine.

    When I run the network repair utility I get the following message "Windows
    could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot
    be completed: Renewing your IP address"

    I'm running WinXP SP2 and IE 8.

    Thanks for you help.

    David Z, Mar 4, 2012