    settings would usually appear now gives a rather cryptic message about WMI
    being corrupt and to return to a system restore point. Any suggestions?

    Eric
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTYW1iZWxs?=, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Check if the Access Point is broadcasting the SSID.

    news.sbcglobal.net, Jun 5, 2005

  3. The router side of things appears to be fine, as the Linksys wireless
    configuration tool finds it no problem. Also on another notebook sitting
    right beside it everything works properly. Someone else had a similar problem
    as a result of a policy setting, but this particular notebook is running XP
    Home, so I don't think that is it. And even if it was, I'm under the
    impression that you can't change user policies under XP Home.

    Thnaks,

    Eric Sambell

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTYW1iZWxs?=, Jun 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTYW1iZWxs?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    > Also under the
    > advanced tab of the network connection properties, where the Windows Firewall
    > settings would usually appear now gives a rather cryptic message about WMI
    > being corrupt and to return to a system restore point. Any suggestions?

    A suggestion: why not to believe what the message says, and not try to repair WMI?
    WMI unfortunately is fragile and can break. THere are some MS KB articles and self-help sites
    that explain how to fix WMI (Kelly's Corner one of them)

    --PA
    Pavel A., Jun 7, 2005
  5. Got the WMI up and working again, but it didn't seem to solve the problem
    unfortunatly.

    Thanks,

    Eric

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTYW1iZWxs?=, Jun 7, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBTYW1iZWxs?=

    Pavel A. Guest

    > Got the WMI up and working again, but it didn't seem to solve the problem
    > unfortunatly.

    So the message about corrupt WMI does not appear any longer?
    What are the symptoms now?

    --PA
    Pavel A., Jun 7, 2005