    However, typing in an incorrect password is noted, indicating some
    recrods are there.

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    Zeddi, Apr 10, 2005

  2. Zeddi

    °Mike° Guest

    Try the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup (UPHClean) utility,
    which monitors the unloading of user profiles, so that Windows
    can log off correctly -- some third party programs do not stop
    and release resources correctly, or at all at log-off.

    User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582

    Shorter link:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3A215CDA

    In <Pfd6e.18563$>,
    Zeddi took 9 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 10, 2005

  3. Zeddi

    Zeddi Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > Try the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup (UPHClean) utility,
    > which monitors the unloading of user profiles, so that Windows
    > can log off correctly -- some third party programs do not stop
    > and release resources correctly, or at all at log-off.
    >
    > User Profile Hive Cleanup Service
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582
    >
    > Shorter link:
    > http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3A215CDA
    >

    > In <Pfd6e.18563$>,
    > Zeddi took 9 lines to utter:
    >

    >>Hi, I was trying to set-up a user profile with Windows XP. However when
    >>trying to log on with a password for a limited account, the dialog box
    >>"Windows cannot log you on because your profile cannot be loaded." And
    >>further along it says "DETAIL: the systems cannot find the file specified."
    >>
    >>However, typing in an incorrect password is noted, indicating some
    >>recrods are there.
    >>
    >>Any ideas? Thanks.

    That doesn't work for me I'm afraid. I can't verify my system's
    legitiimacy.

    Zeddi, Apr 10, 2005
  4. Zeddi

    °Mike° Guest

    In <zKe6e.891$>,
    Zeddi took 30 lines to utter:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> Try the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup (UPHClean) utility

    <snip>

    >That doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

    Well, it was worth a shot.

    >I can't verify my system's legitiimacy.

    Try deleting all profiles (you do have backups?) from an
    Administrator account, from Safe Mode if necessary.
    Reboot and recreate.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Zeddi

    Zeddi Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > In <zKe6e.891$>,
    > Zeddi took 30 lines to utter:
    >

    >>°Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>>Try the Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup (UPHClean) utility

    > <snip>
    >
    >>That doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

    > Well, it was worth a shot.
    >

    >>I can't verify my system's legitiimacy.

    > Try deleting all profiles (you do have backups?) from an
    > Administrator account, from Safe Mode if necessary.
    > Reboot and recreate.

    I managed to install it and ran uphclean -install but still no joy.

    I have tried deleting the limited accounts and retying but to no effect.

    Thanks for your advice; any other ideas.

    Zeddi, Apr 10, 2005
  6. Zeddi

    °Mike° Guest

    In <XHh6e.12646$>,
    Zeddi took 29 lines to utter:

    <snip>

    >I managed to install it and ran uphclean -install but still no joy.
    >
    >I have tried deleting the limited accounts and retying but to no effect.
    >
    >Thanks for your advice; any other ideas.

    I'm sorry, I don't.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 10, 2005