    Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
    Thanks in advance.
    ron
    Ronald Murray, Oct 2, 2004

  2. Ronald Murray

    EnJay Guest

    I had the same thing. Go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and delete the
    service pack 2. Then I suggets that you run Scan Disc and defrag. I didi
    this and I have no problems now.

    HTH

    Nig

    EnJay, Oct 2, 2004

  3. Ronald Murray

    Wizard Guest

    It' SP2's new pop up stopper. Just turn it off or put it to high and use
    the control key.

    --
    "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
    statue."
    Wizard, Oct 2, 2004
  4. Ronald Murray

    Thor Guest

    > Hello
    > I'm running windows XP. When I receive an email (Outlook Express)with a
    > clickable link(blue hypertext) to a web page , it does nothing. My browser
    > is IE6.
    > Everything worked fine until I did a windows update & installed , some
    > kind of service pack.
    > Can anyone help me with this problem? Can I get rid of this update?
    > It may be just a coincidence , but this problem seems to have started
    > around the same time as the update.
    > Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Before you and try something as drastic as Enjay suggested, please try the
    following solution offered my Microsoft.

    SYMPTOMS
    When you click a hyperlink in an e-mail message or on a Web page, or
    right-click a hyperlink on a Web page and then click Open in New Window, you
    may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
    a.. Nothing happens.
    b.. The new window may be blank.
    c.. You may receive a scripting error message.
    When you use the Print command or the Print Preview command in Internet
    Explorer, nothing may happen.

    When you try to connect to Web folders, you may receive the following error
    message:

    The current operation could not be completed because an unexpected error has
    occurred.
    CAUSE
    This behavior may occur for any of the following reasons:
    a.. The (Default) value setting in one or more of the following registry
    keys points to an incorrect location for the Urlmon.dll file:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79eac9e0-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b}\InprocServer32]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79eac9f1-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b}\InprocServer32]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{79eac9f2-baf9-11ce-8c82-00aa004ba90b}\InprocServer32]

    This may occur if you install a customized version of Internet Explorer
    that was created with the Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK)
    version 5.01 Service Pack 1 (SP1), 5.5 SP1, or 6.0.
    b.. The following registry key is missing or damaged:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

    c.. One or more of the following files is missing, damaged, or improperly
    registered:
    a.. Url.dll
    b.. Mshtml.dll
    c.. Actxprxy.dll
    d.. Oleaut32.dll
    e.. Shell32.dll
    f.. Shdocvw.dll
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
    1.. Quit all programs that are running.
    2.. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3.. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    4.. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded"
    message, click OK.
    If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of
    the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file
    names below):
    a.. Shdocvw.dll
    b.. Msjava.dll
    c.. Actxprxy.dll
    d.. Oleaut32.dll
    e.. Mshtml.dll
    f.. Browseui.dll
    g.. Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)
    If the problem is still not resolved, verify that the following registry
    values are present and correct:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    Name: (Default)
    Value: IDispatch
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid
    Name: (Default)
    Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{00020400-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\ProxyStubClsid32
    Name: (Default)
    Value: {00020420-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

    If the problem is still not resolved, reinstall Internet Explorer. If you
    are using the version of Internet Explorer that is included with your
    operating system, reinstall or repair your operating system.
    Thor, Oct 2, 2004
    :

    --
    I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
    Martin O'Brien, Oct 2, 2004
    :

    --
    I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
    Martin O'Brien, Oct 2, 2004
  7. Ronald Murray

    THEOLDONE Guest

    Run "Restore" : windows XP update

    Restore to the day before you installed SP2...

    AND...Deactivate the MS Automatic "Update" feature...or set that you are to
    be informed B4 any updates are installed.. This way you know what MS is
    adding B4 the fact

    HTH

    THEOLDONE, Oct 3, 2004
  8. Ronald Murray

    Wizard Guest

    Re: Run "Restore" : windows XP update

    It would be a better choice to learn the nuances of SP2's
    pop-up-stopper!

    Wizard, Oct 3, 2004
  9. Re: Run "Restore" : windows XP update

    :

    --
    Linux makes you fucking stupid
    Blödes Arschloch, Oct 3, 2004
  10. Re: Run "Restore" : windows XP update

    :

    --
    Linux makes you fucking stupid
    Blödes Arschloch, Oct 3, 2004
  11. Ronald Murray

    Thor Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > It would be a better choice to learn the nuances of SP2's
    > pop-up-stopper!

    I don't see why SP2's pop-up blocker would break the normal feature of
    opening hyperlinks in OE mail or news messages. It certainly doesn't on
    mine. I've been running SP2 for a couple of weeks now, and have IE's pop-up
    blocker enabled with no changes to it's default configuration, and
    hyperlinks open just fine from OE.
    Thor, Oct 3, 2004
  12. Ronald Murray

    Wizard Guest

    Re: Run "Restore" : windows XP update

    That would depend on how many are already open ....

    Wizard, Oct 3, 2004
  13. Re: Run "Restore" : windows XP update

    :

    --
    Linux makes you fucking stupid
    Blödes Arschloch, Oct 3, 2004
  14. Ronald Murray

    Thor Guest

    "Wizard" <> wrote in message
    > That would depend on how many are already open ....

    tried it with 8 browser windows open. Worked fine. Tried it with 8 browser
    instances open and 5 additional legitemate pop-up windows opened from
    various websites, and that still had no negative effect on opening links
    from OE.
    Thor, Oct 4, 2004
  15. Ronald Murray

    Trent© Guest

    On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:04:39 -0400, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >"Wizard" <> wrote in message
    >> That would depend on how many are already open ....
    >>

    >tried it with 8 browser windows open. Worked fine. Tried it with 8 browser
    >instances open and 5 additional legitemate pop-up windows opened from
    >various websites, and that still had no negative effect on opening links
    >from OE.

    I've had the same experience as Wizard.

    If the site I'm goin' to requires another instance of IE to open...it
    won't. If it uses the same window...no problem.

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Oct 4, 2004