    time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.

    Is this a fault that M/S should know about.

    Any cures at all.
    RayC, Sep 1, 2007

  2. In message <46d8c580$>, RayC wrote:

    > Has any else experienced the same error message using
    > time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.

    Do you get the same problem with pool.ntp.org or nz.pool.ntp.org?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 1, 2007

  3. RayC

    Rob S Guest

    RayC wrote:
    > It has not worked on two pc's for a few months now.
    >
    > Has any else experienced the same error message using
    > time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.
    >
    > Is this a fault that M/S should know about.
    >
    > Any cures at all.

    What error message?

    Have you tried using a different ntp server?

    Try http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome for a list of public
    ntp servers.
    --

    Rob
    http://www.aspir8or.com

    M.A.C.I.N.T.O.S.H. - Machine Always Crashes, If Not, The Operating
    System Hangs.
    Rob S, Sep 1, 2007
  4. RayC

    Greg House Guest

    On Sat, 1 Sep 2007 13:50:55 +1200, "RayC" <> wrote:

    >It has not worked on two pc's for a few months now.
    >
    >Has any else experienced the same error message using
    >time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.
    >
    >Is this a fault that M/S should know about.
    >
    >Any cures at all.

    Yes get Atomic Clock from here..

    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/
    Greg House, Sep 1, 2007
  5. RayC

    Jerry Guest

    Greg House wrote:

    > Yes get Atomic Clock from here..
    >
    > http://www.worldtimeserver.com/

    Atomic clocks aren't permitted in Nuclear Free New Zealand, you can get
    deported to Iraq for using it.
    Jerry, Sep 1, 2007
  6. In message <46d8d992$>, Jerry wrote:

    > Atomic clocks aren't permitted in Nuclear Free New Zealand...

    Yes they are, lots of places have them. Last I heard, they were at about the
    $50,000 mark, which is quite affordable for institutional purchases.

    Oh, you were being sarcastic...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 1, 2007
  7. RayC wrote:
    > It has not worked on two pc's for a few months now.
    >
    > Has any else experienced the same error message using
    > time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.

    What error message ?

    > Is this a fault that M/S should know about.
    > Any cures at all.

    time.paradise.net.nz

    I suspect you've firewalled yourself off.

    Allow UDP on port 123.
    Mark Robinson, Sep 1, 2007
  8. RayC

    Jerry Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <46d8d992$>, Jerry wrote:
    >
    >> Atomic clocks aren't permitted in Nuclear Free New Zealand...

    > Yes they are, lots of places have them. Last I heard, they were at about the
    > $50,000 mark, which is quite affordable for institutional purchases.
    >
    > Oh, you were being sarcastic...

    Attempting to anyway...
    Jerry, Sep 1, 2007
  9. RayC

    thingy Guest

    RayC wrote:
    > It has not worked on two pc's for a few months now.
    >
    > Has any else experienced the same error message using
    > time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.
    >
    > Is this a fault that M/S should know about.
    >
    > Any cures at all.

    Windows time sync is pretty flaky....I assume you are not authenticating
    against an AD? if against AD it should be fine....

    Either way,

    1) Use a NZ time server(s)
    2) If standalone boxes install 3rd party time sync such as the free
    symmtime one (which I use and like).

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Sep 2, 2007
  10. RayC

    Ross Guest

    On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:59:41 +1200, thingy <>
    wrote:

    >RayC wrote:
    >> It has not worked on two pc's for a few months now.
    >>
    >> Has any else experienced the same error message using
    >> time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.
    >>
    >> Is this a fault that M/S should know about.
    >>
    >> Any cures at all.

    >Windows time sync is pretty flaky....I assume you are not authenticating
    >against an AD? if against AD it should be fine....
    >
    >Either way,
    >
    >1) Use a NZ time server(s)
    >2) If standalone boxes install 3rd party time sync such as the free
    >symmtime one (which I use and like).
    >
    >regards
    >
    >Thing

    I use "SP Timesync" at start-up with a switch to hide it.
    Ross, Sep 3, 2007
  11. RayC

    impossible Guest

    "RayC" <> wrote in message
    > It has not worked on two pc's for a few months now.
    >
    > Has any else experienced the same error message using
    > time.windows.com or time.nist.gov to update the time.
    >
    > Is this a fault that M/S should know about.
    >
    > Any cures at all.

    There's an international list of SNTP time servers here.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262680

    Justy swap in one of the alternatives in the XP Date & Time synch dialog
    box.
    impossible, Sep 3, 2007