Windows XP takes too long to start up

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by silva.antonio@gmail.com, May 24, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    MY Windows XP takes about 10 min to start. I had this problem before
    and i re-install XP, but now afeter 10 days it just started to show the
    same problems.
    I already go to the registry and everything is ok.
    I have installed Windows Defender, Ad-Adware and Symantec antivirus and
    everything up to date.
    In the Device Manger i don't have any warning regarding my hardware.
    Something that i noticed is that even if i have configured Windows not
    to perform automatic updates, but to notify me first, the icon of
    downloading updates appears with the message "Downloading Updates 0%",
    and remains like that for a long time.

    In the Event Viewer I found the error messages shown bellow. I think
    the problem is here but i don't know how to solve this issue.

    Anybody had this problem? I need help.

    Thanks in Advance

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the winmgmt service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the WZCSVC service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7022 N/A MAVERICK The StarWind iSCSI Service service
    hung on starting.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7001 N/A MAVERICK The Windows Firewall/Internet
    Connection Sharing (ICS) service depends on the Windows Management
    Instrumentation service which failed to start because of the following
    error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
    fashion.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7000 N/A MAVERICK The Computer Browser service
    failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
    fashion.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the Browser service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:18 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7000 N/A MAVERICK The Automatic Updates service
    failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
    fashion.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the wuauserv service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the Schedule service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the BITS service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7001 N/A MAVERICK The Security Center service
[...]

    waiting for a transaction response from the AudioSrv service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7000 N/A MAVERICK The Windows Time service failed to
    start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
    fashion.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the W32Time service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:17 Service Control
    Manager Error None 7011 N/A MAVERICK Timeout (30000 milliseconds)
    waiting for a transaction response from the BITS service.

    24-05-2006 8:53:13 DCOM Error None 10005 NT
    AUTHORITY\SYSTEM MAVERICK "DCOM got error ""The service did not respond
    to the start or control request in a timely fashion. "" attempting to
    start the service winmgmt with arguments """" in order to run the
    server:
    {8BC3F05E-D86B-11D0-A075-00C04FB68820}"

    , May 24, 2006

  2. Win @ MiC Guest

    I've installed this that and the next thing now windows takes 10 minutes to
    load

    Recommendation
    Turn off the things that you do not use on startup
    Also your tcp / ip settings would seam to be at a less than perfect state

    --

    Moore in Control P.C's
    Phone 021 72 4732

    Win @ MiC, May 24, 2006

  3. Jimmy Dean Guest

    On 24 May 2006 02:18:18 -0700, wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >MY Windows XP takes about 10 min to start. I had this problem before
    >and i re-install XP, but now afeter 10 days it just started to show the
    >same problems.
    >I already go to the registry and everything is ok.
    >I have installed Windows Defender, Ad-Adware and Symantec antivirus and
    >everything up to date.

    Presumably you have an active firewall?

    Do AV and AS scans show anything?

    jd