    update the video drivers...but aside from that, anything else I could try?

    --
    Spin
    Spin, Apr 9, 2008

  2. Spin

    MoiMoi Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Gurus,
    >
    > Running Windows XP Professional with an NVIDIA video card. I am finally
    > annoyed enough to post a question concerning something odd. When I hover my
    > mouse over system tray icons, I can only see the edge of the top of the tool
    > tip. Most of it (90%) hides behind the taskbar. I have seen this behavior
    > on many computers laptops and desktops alike, both new and old, but never
    > have posted a question about it until now. I assuming the answer will be
    > update the video drivers...but aside from that, anything else I could try?

    Believe me, XP just DOES it.

    Quickest fix without reboot is open taskbar properties, UNcheck
    everything that's checked, click apply, then REcheck every option you
    had. Click okay.
    Sometimes you even have to close Taskbar properties after unchecking,
    then reopen and recheck.
    But that works.
    Happens to several XP (Home at least) systems I've ever worked with. I
    don't think it's NVIDIA related per se.

    MM
    MoiMoi, Apr 9, 2008