    Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    450 W Power supply.

    Thanks in advance.

    V.Simkins, Mar 7, 2005

  2. V.Simkins

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would start looking at the various software's that are running
    automatically when the computer is starting Windows.

    Some of the firewall software's, and various others can drastically slow
    down the start-up of a computer. You would be best to use the process of
    elimination to find this one. If there any corrupted files in the cache
    areas, or there are too many of them, this can cause a slow start-up.

    Also, take care that there are no Spywares, or Trojans in your computer.
    These can also cause a slow start.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    "V.Simkins" <> wrote in message
    I've been experiencing a slight delay when i boot up my computer under
    windows xp. it gets to the boot screen, then gives me a blank screen for
    around 2 minutes or so, before loading my login screen.To correct the
    problem, i've tried minimizing both windows processes and background
    services, and have tried useing Microsoft Bootvis. i was wondering if anyone
    here would have a solution to that problem.

    here is my specs:

    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 1.84GHZ
    Asus A7v8x-x motherboard w/ onboard NIC
    DDR 2700- 512 x 2
    ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128MB vid card,
    Seagate 40GB HD

    Jerry G., Mar 7, 2005

  3. V.Simkins wrote:
    > I've been experiencing a slight delay when i boot up my computer under
    > windows xp. it gets to the boot screen, then gives me a blank screen for
    > around 2 minutes or so, before loading my login screen.To correct the
    > problem, i've tried minimizing both windows processes and background
    > services, and have tried useing Microsoft Bootvis. i was wondering if anyone
    > here would have a solution to that problem.
    >
    > here is my specs:
    >
    > AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 1.84GHZ
    > Asus A7v8x-x motherboard w/ onboard NIC
    > DDR 2700- 512 x 2
    > ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128MB vid card,
    > Seagate 40GB HD
    > Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    > 450 W Power supply.

    Is it trying to connect to a network? Are there spyware/antivirus
    programs kicking in?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 7, 2005
  4. V.Simkins

    V.Simkins Guest

    no to both. while there is 3 computers in my house that connect useing the
    same hub, to the internet, none of them are connected together via any sort
    of a peer or server network. i have adaware, and Seagate personal firewall,
    but i've disabled seagate from running at startup.

    V.Simkins, Mar 7, 2005
  5. V.Simkins

    V.Simkins Guest

    i have a software firewall, but i've disabled it from running at startup. i
    have minimal processes/services running at startup (the only real hogger
    being my ATI catalyst drivers), and my machine is virus/spyware/trojan free,
    due to how paranoid i am about foriegn objects on my computer.

    V.Simkins, Mar 7, 2005
  6. It's not just a home network that might cause the problem, but the ISP
    network that may take a long time to connect to your computer. Are you
    connected via a cable modem or dial up? Maybe try contacting your ISP.

    Atlas Shrugged, Mar 7, 2005
  7. V.Simkins

    V.Simkins Guest

    connected via ADSL. i dialup to my account manually.

    V.Simkins, Mar 7, 2005
  8. V.Simkins

    x@y Guest

    Hello V.,

    See if you find an answer

    here on Google; http://tinyurl.com/5774k

    The last six critical updates I have installed on my XP home,
    seems to have slowed down my start up, and shutdown also.
    I have to log on , and read on the above Link also.

    Good Luck, x@y.

    ..

    x@y, Mar 7, 2005
  9. V.Simkins

    TT Guest

    2 minutes??!!!??? Wow, are you patient! I would have have reloaded
    XP in a heartbeat had that nonsense started... Seriously, all of the
    suggestions are probably eventually going to get to the root of the
    problem, but if they don't fast enough, I would back up the data, not the
    programs, and reformat/reinstall for clean start...
    Both services and hardware can cause this, but I would suspect a
    service first. If you go into safe mode, F8 at startup, then "Safe
    Mode", you can disable a lot of things one at a time to find the culprit...

    TT, Mar 7, 2005