    ..' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again. to search
    for a file, click the start button , and then click search. This there a way
    to fix this?
    Franklin, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Franklin

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, Franklin wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I getting an error when windows starts. windows cannot find '. C:\programs
    >.' make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again. to search
    >for a file, click the start button , and then click search. This there a way
    >to fix this?

    1. www.google.com,
    2. search past posts in 24HSHD
    http://groups.google.com/groups?&group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    You will find several (at least) answers.

    Me
    why?, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Franklin

    °Mike° Guest

    It's probably due to a bad program install/uninstall.
    Use "Autoruns" to thoroughly check your startup
    locations, and weed out the bad one.

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:25:58 -0500, in
    <>
    Franklin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Franklin

    Franklin Guest

    Thanks Mike,

    Franklin

    Franklin, Dec 3, 2004
  5. Franklin

    °Mike° Guest

    Heh! I've only just noticed...it helps if a link is provided.

    Autoruns:
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

    On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:51:54 +0000, in
    <>
    °Mike° scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004
  6. Franklin

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. I posted the link just as you
    posted this...better late than never. <g>

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 21:30:03 -0500, in
    <>
    Franklin scrawled:

    °Mike°, Dec 3, 2004