    networkj display all of the network connections have a little lock
    displayed in the upper right hand corner. I could not find anything in
    propertie to enable them or anything. Anyone have any ideas?
    Carl, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Carl

    Wizard Guest

    If you have the little lock then you have not disabled Windows's
    firewall.

    Wizard, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Carl

    Jerry G. Guest

    You did not disable or properly configure the firewall for your network.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Sep 3, 2004
  4. Carl

    Carl Guest

    Wizard <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > If you have the little lock then you have not disabled Windows's
    > firewall.
    >
    > Carl wrote:
    > >
    > > After installing SP2 and rebooting my netowrk connections no longer
    > > work. I disable the firewall in windows and that did not help. In my
    > > networkj display all of the network connections have a little lock
    > > displayed in the upper right hand corner. I could not find anything in
    > > propertie to enable them or anything. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks for the info. I removed SP2 I had to get my pc back up and
    running. I will be trying again in a week. So, I will make sure that I
    read up on the firewall and configure it properly. Thank you again for
    the information

    Carl
    Carl, Sep 3, 2004