    my GPOs on the domain because I have put the computer objects in OUs that
    don’t have any GPOs linked to them.

    Thanks

    stryder, Feb 2, 2005

  2. That Sp2 that you installed.. what site do you download???
    becouse in the internet, there a lot of " Windows XP SP2" CRACKED !!!!, and
    installing one of this sp2 cracked, have the same problems that you have.
    be sure that any sp2 that you download, is from Microsoft Web site.

    Luis Fernando.

    Luis Fernando Ayala, Feb 2, 2005

  3. stryder

    DJ Borell Guest

    I don't know about "cracked" copies of SP2...personally, I would take an
    in-depth look at your applied policies. If the OU to which the computer
    accounts belong has no policies applied AND the user account has no policies
    applied, then look at the default domain policy. My first guess would
    definitely be a policy restriction.

    DJ Borell, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Stupid.. in what world you live??

    Luis Fernando Ayala, Feb 4, 2005
  5. stryder

    DJ Borell Guest

    Fortunately...not yours.

    DJ Borell, Feb 4, 2005
  6. stryder wrote:
    > I have had a lot of problems with new workstations that I have
    > recently joined to my domain that have Windows XP SP2 installed on
    > them. This/these problems seem to crop up after the systems are
    > joined to the domain. The first problem I noticed was that the local
    > area network connection icon was missing and that I wasn't able to
    > access the systems TCP/IP properties the way I normally do, but I
    > didn't notice any problems with network connectivity. Some of the
    > other problems are with running a search on the system, and getting
    > Access Denied messages when I try to access some of the tools in
    > Computer Management such as Disk Administrator. Does anyone have any
    > suggestions to fixing these problems? I don't believe it has to do
    > with my GPOs on the domain because I have put the computer objects in
    > OUs that don't have any GPOs linked to them.
    >
    > Thanks

    I'm just fishing here but are all the problem machines ghosted from the same
    image
    --
    MCNGP #38
    Link to the product removed to confuse the N00bs

    CrushesBeforeItCuts, Feb 4, 2005