    my GPOs on the domain because I have put the computer objects in OUs that
    don’t have any GPOs linked to them.

    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?c3RyeWRlcg==?=, Feb 2, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3RyeWRlcg==?=

    Kurt Guest

    Ran into a similar set of problems after upgrading an XP Pro laptop to SP2.
    It was a domain member and I also experienced not being able to change
    things as far as tcp/ip properties (although the machine got a dhcp address
    and networking worked. Sorry to say it's been a while ago so I don't
    remember everything. My solution was to re-install. Someone else previously
    posted with the same kinds of problems after installing SP2. His boxes were
    all ghosted from the same image and all had the same problem. I don't know
    what the outcome was, but you might search and see if you can find that
    thread.

    ....kurt

    "stryder" <> wrote in message
    > I have had a lot of problems with new workstations that I have recently
    > joined to my domain that have Windows XP SP2 installed on them.

    This/these
    > problems seem to crop up after the systems are joined to the domain. The
    > first problem I noticed was that the local area network connection icon

    was
    > missing and that I wasn't able to access the systems TCP/IP properties the
    > way I normally do, but I didn't notice any problems with network
    > connectivity. Some of the other problems are with running a search on the
    > system, and getting Access Denied messages when I try to access some of

    the
    > tools in Computer Management such as Disk Administrator. Does anyone have
    > any suggestions to fixing these problems? I don't believe it has to do

    with

    Kurt, Feb 3, 2005