    or any single letter

    Siure will appreciate answer.
    , Aug 2, 2006

  2. Ghostrider Guest

    wrote:

    > I had my external drive named I:
    > Somehow the name got changed to J:J:
    > When I try and change it back to I: it comes up I:J:
    >
    > Does anyone ,know how I can get it back to just I:
    > or any single letter
    >
    > Siure will appreciate answer.

    Open My Computer. Right-click on the icon that represents the
    external drive. Click on Properties and change the name in the
    Label box. Next, click on Apply and then OK.
    Ghostrider, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 12:00:42 -0700, Ghostrider <-00-@fitron.142>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I had my external drive named I:
    >> Somehow the name got changed to J:J:
    >> When I try and change it back to I: it comes up I:J:
    >>
    >> Does anyone ,know how I can get it back to just I:
    >> or any single letter
    >>
    >> Siure will appreciate answer.
    >>

    >Open My Computer. Right-click on the icon that represents the
    >external drive. Click on Properties and change the name in the
    >Label box. Next, click on Apply and then OK.

    OKAY I did that and I end up with I:J:
    What next ?????
    , Aug 3, 2006
  4. ts570d Guest

    Are you talking about the assigned drive letter for the drive or an
    actual name? You could have an I: drive named External Hard Drive for
    example. Changing a drive letter is via Computer Management, accessed
    by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Manage. Go from there.

    ts570d, Aug 3, 2006