    there was no facility in the Wizard for ASCII WEP keys - only HEX. Changed
    his network to HEX WEP key and bingo! Everything worked. Is this correct,
    that Win XP SP2 wireless has no ASCII WEP key capability?

    Gordon, Nov 15, 2006

  2. Gordon

    David Hettel Guest

    Basically yes. WEP works best when the keys are hex based, if you are using
    different brands of equipment, (and sometimes within a brand) the way a
    ASCII key is converted to the actual key the equipment uses is not uniform.
    So keys like My dog Is brown don't always become the same value, and when
    they are different they don't work.

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.