    And then I get a countdown and windows restart. The system is a P3 128 ram
    windows xp professional ( FAT 32 )
    Any ideas how to fix this?

    Molecule, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Molecule

    Boomer Guest

    Molecule said:

    > When I connect to the internet using a modem, this message comes
    > up in a box:
    >
    > This system is shutting down.
    > Please save all work in progress and log off.
    > Any unsaved changes will be lost.
    > This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY / SYSTEM
    > Windows must now restart because the remote procedure
    > call ( RPC ) service terminated unexpectedly.
    >

    > And then I get a countdown and windows restart. The system is a P3
    > 128 ram windows xp professional ( FAT 32 )
    > Any ideas how to fix this?

    Hi

    You might want to read som recent messages at this newsgroup.

    Such as:

    Subject: Remote Procedure Call Service terminated unexpectedly?
    Subject: RPC???
    Subject: ****** Is your system shutting down (Remote Procedure
    Call)? ******
    Subject: Re: Windows keeps shutting itself down
    Subject: RPC & NT Authority problem fix

    Boomer, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    > You might want to read som recent messages at this newsgroup.
    >
    > Such as:
    >
    > Subject: Remote Procedure Call Service terminated unexpectedly?
    > Subject: RPC???
    > Subject: ****** Is your system shutting down (Remote Procedure
    > Call)? ******
    > Subject: Re: Windows keeps shutting itself down
    > Subject: RPC & NT Authority problem fix

    For this one, I'd cut the guy some slack - I bet he can't stay on
    long enough to pull the messages down!

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Howdy!

    "Molecule" <> wrote in message
    > When I connect to the internet using a modem, this message comes up in a
    > box:
    >
    > This system is shutting down.
    > Please save all work in progress and log off.
    > Any unsaved changes will be lost.
    > This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY / SYSTEM
    > Windows must now restart because the remote procedure
    > call ( RPC ) service terminated unexpectedly.
    >

    > And then I get a countdown and windows restart. The system is a P3 128 ram
    > windows xp professional ( FAT 32 )
    > Any ideas how to fix this?

    The quick fix?

    1) Restart in safe mode.

    2) Fire up REGEDIT, and delete the following value, in the key:

    the value:

    "windows auto update"="msblast.exe" .

    Exit the registry editor.

    Delete the file %WINDIR%\MSBLAST.EXE .

    Shut the machine down, reboot, and RUN WINDOWS UPDATE AND FIX THE
    PROBLEM!! NOW! DON'T WAIT, DON'T ARGUE, GET THE CRITICAL UPDATES AND
    INSTALL!!!

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    BIG THANK YOU ALL!!!

    Molecule, Aug 12, 2003
  6. Molecule

    Boomer Guest

    EricP said:

    > On 12 Aug 2003 17:52:19 GMT, Boomer <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Ralph Wade Phillips said:
    >>
    >>> Howdy!
    >>>
    >>> "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    >>> For this one, I'd cut the guy some slack - I bet he can't
    >>> stay on
    >>> long enough to pull the messages down!
    >>>
    >>> RwP

    >>Blueyonder is that bad?

    > YES, very, very, very bad!

    :(

    I'll try and remember that.

    Thanks, EricP

    Boomer, Aug 12, 2003
  7. Molecule

    star2fire Guest

    --
    > Blueyonder is that bad?
    >
    > Poor guy/gal.

    It has been for me. I spend all day only being able to connect for 1 minute
    at a time. It's a wonder I ever found out anything.
    star2fire

    star2fire, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Molecule

    Boomer Guest

    star2fire said:

    > --
    >> Blueyonder is that bad?
    >>
    >> Poor guy/gal.
    >>

    > It has been for me. I spend all day only being able to connect
    > for 1 minute at a time. It's a wonder I ever found out anything.
    > star2fire

    From Earthlink? I never had a connection problem with EL here or in
    another state.

    Boomer, Aug 12, 2003
  9. Molecule

    star2fire Guest

    > From Earthlink? I never had a connection problem with EL here or in
    > another state.

    Once I got that damn virus thing, I would get about a minute before my
    computer informed me it was going to shut down. I would let it reboot, log
    in again, and come back in here, and read as much as I could for the next
    minute before I got that shut down window again. I am still trying to fix
    it in fact. I have it patched but I haven't been able to locate and delete
    the virus yet. There are other updates I need as well.
    star2fire

    star2fire, Aug 13, 2003
  10. star2fire Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <tyg_a.9719$>:
    > Once I got that damn virus thing, I would get about a minute before
    > my
    > computer informed me it was going to shut down. I would let it
    > reboot, log in again, and come back in here, and read as much as I
    > could for the next
    > minute before I got that shut down window again. I am still trying
    > to fix
    > it in fact. I have it patched but I haven't been able to locate and
    > delete
    > the virus yet. There are other updates I need as well.

    I want to personally castrate that virus's writer with a dull
    spork. Hell, maybe a popsicle stick would be better... <G>

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    That's the link to Symantec/Norton's removal tool.

    Download it, and follow the instructions on the site.

    Good luck.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 13, 2003
  11. Molecule

    Lou Labetti Guest

    it is not a traditional virus. Go into your dial up properties - advanced
    and enable your xp firewall

    BigLou
    http://www.drumcorp.com

    Lou Labetti, Aug 13, 2003
  12. Molecule

    Boomer Guest

    Ralph Wade Phillips said:

    > Howdy!
    >
    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> Ralph Wade Phillips said:
    >>
    >> > Howdy!

    >> > For this one, I'd cut the guy some slack - I bet he can't
    >> > stay on
    >> > long enough to pull the messages down!
    >> >
    >> > RwP

    >> Blueyonder is that bad?
    >>
    >> Poor guy/gal.

    > No, the RPC shutdown bug is a 1 minute timer ...
    >
    > So if he's already hit, he's screwed to finding old messages!
    >
    > RwP

    Ouch!!!

    Thanks for explaining.

    Boomer, Aug 13, 2003
  13. Molecule

    Kraftee Guest

    "Jérémie" <moi@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > If you are using Norton, McAfee or other antivirus programs, I
    > suggest that you disable them for a little while.
    >
    > Then go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and run the free online
    > scan...
    >
    > This will help you get rid of the blaster worm.

    Just how is he going to do that when he's already infected & going
    thru the 1 minute shut down/start up cycle????
    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....

    Kraftee, Aug 13, 2003
  14. Molecule

    Girimaster

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Guys,

    For this problem the solution is very simple, but for that you need to have latest registry backup of your system.Follow the simple steps:

    1) Boot your system
    2) Restore your latest registry to the current one ( I mean replace )
    3) Restart your PC
    4) Run fix for this worm.

    What you do is you restore the rgistry values to old one which are changed by this worm and give time to run the FIx.

    So always keep registry back up with you ..

    Hope this help.....

    Regards
    Girimaster

    Girimaster, Aug 20, 2007
  15. Molecule

    Girimaster

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Or even if you AV like Macafee ( with latest updates) will immediatly remove this infection as you boot the PC.

    Girimaster, Aug 20, 2007