    i tried to install windows service pack 3 in a machine which has windows
    embedded. The installation got stuck/hung after sometime and I had to kill
    it. anyone knows why that might have happened. I followed all rules.
    cnirs, Oct 17, 2008

  2. cnirs

    Droiyan3 Guest

    "cnirs" wrote:

    > i tried to install windows service pack 3 in a machine which has windows
    > embedded. The installation got stuck/hung after sometime and I had to kill
    > it. anyone knows why that might have happened. I followed all rules.

    hello there,

    there are a few things that you can do

    1) Check the CD , perhaps its dirty
    2) Check that your pc meets the minimal hardware requirements
    3)If yes, run a few testing utilities on the HDD and ram
    4) if everything is alright then disconnect all hardware that is not needed
    for the installation like second hdd , second video card. Additional PCI
    device

    5) if really none of those help then try changing your cd\dvd rom drive
    6) also do not forget to reset your bios to default settings ( perhaps you
    have changed something before)

    cheers
    Droiyan3, Nov 2, 2008