    Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through the windows update
    site as well as the network download. In either event the install hangs at
    the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas what is causing this?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=, Jan 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Windowsmcse" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop that needs to upgraded to Windows
    > XP
    > Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through the windows
    > update
    > site as well as the network download. In either event the install hangs
    > at
    > the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas what is causing this?

    My guess would be dust bunnies.

    Frisbee®, Jan 18, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >My guess would be dust bunnies.

    darn critters get everywhere.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Nice to see some things never change.

    how you boy's doing? (no offence to the ladies)
    --
    m0rk

    =?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=, Jan 18, 2006
  5. dam you - demon apostrophe finger!

    *dives for cover from "The Apostrophe Protection Society"
    http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/
    --
    m0rk

    =?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=, Jan 18, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "=?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=" <> say in

    > Nice to see some things never change.
    >
    > how you boy's doing? (no offence to the ladies)
    > --
    > m0rk

    where you been, finished studying yet?

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - Just my opinion (But I'm right)

    Neil, Jan 18, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    > dam you - demon apostrophe finger!
    >
    > *dives for cover from "The Apostrophe Protection Society"
    > http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

    "eats shoots and leaves"

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - "Why don't we get together this afternoon?" she asked delightfully.

    Neil, Jan 18, 2006
  8. ha ha ha good one!

    I've been off the track for a while, looking at *nix stuff. There seems to
    be a fair bit of demand for it around the area, so I've been concentrating my
    efforts on that...

    My group has taken on admin support for several unix boxes, recently so
    thats been fun. I've bee grep'ing everything in sight.

    quick, ksh me, I'm a g33k

    so with regards to MCPs, I guess I'm still on page 147. :eek:)
    --
    m0rk

    =?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=, Jan 18, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of =?Utf-8?B?bTByaw==?=:

    > dam you - demon apostrophe finger!
    >
    > *dives for cover from "The Apostrophe Protection Society"
    > http://www.apostrophe.fsnet.co.uk/

    *ABORT ABORT ABORT*

    *SWOOooooooshhhhh*

    Dam, that was a close one! We were able to divert at the last moment.

    Good to see you back in the trench.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110

    JaR, Jan 18, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Ben Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop that needs to upgraded to Windows XP
    > Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through the windows update
    > site as well as the network download. In either event the install hangs at
    > the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas what is causing this?

    Disk space or hardware problems would be my guess.

    Ben Smith, Jan 18, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Robert Moir Guest

    Ben Smith wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop that needs to upgraded to
    >> Windows XP Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through
    >> the windows update site as well as the network download. In either
    >> event the install hangs at the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas
    >> what is causing this?
    >>

    > Disk space or hardware problems would be my guess.

    http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/Articles/excuseserver.asp

    The excuse server, and I swear to God this was without any prompting or any
    other gaming the odds, suggested:

    The BOFH excuse server.

    The cause of the problem is:
    Fatal error right in front of screen

    Robert Moir, Jan 18, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Guest

    i've had the same problem when updated a gateway Desktop pc with
    service pack 2, looked like it was frozen but when I opened the anti-
    virus software (ESET N0D32) and looked at the file system monitor I
    saw it was scanning files from the update so it can be your anti-virus
    real time protection that is causing the hang.

    Disable anti-virus and perfom the install again

    Dee
    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    , Jan 19, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Lasher Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=" <>
    wrote in news::

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop that needs to upgraded to
    > Windows XP
    > Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through the windows
    > update site as well as the network download. In either event the
    > install hangs at the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas what is
    > causing this?

    I'm lazy and not about to go search Dell's website. What are the spec's of
    the computer? BTW, you should be posting this in the MCDST NG, not the
    MCSE group.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010

    Lasher, Jan 19, 2006
  14. Hit the esc key to escape the cleanup stage.
    Check your disk space for reasonable space &partitions
    But if u don’t waste much time, I would just format the hall thing and start
    brand new clean installation which wont last for more then 40 min.

    If none of that works. then u have a window issues, which I recommend that u
    open it and dump the hall thing out of it! J/k

    Hope that help
    ---------------------

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3RyaWdodA==?=, Jan 19, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    kpg Guest

    gtright <> said something like

    > Hit the esc key to escape the cleanup stage.
    > Check your disk space for reasonable space &partitions
    > But if u don’t waste much time, I would just format the hall thing
    > and start brand new clean installation which wont last for more then
    > 40 min.
    >
    > If none of that works. then u have a window issues, which I recommend
    > that u open it and dump the hall thing out of it!
    > J/k
    >
    > Hope that help

    I can't believe I read the hall thing.

    kpg

    kpg, Jan 19, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I can't believe I read the hall thing.

    trust me, this jerk will make a nice addition to your killfile

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    Kline Sphere <.@> embarrassed himself by saying:
    >> I can't believe I read the hall thing.

    > trust me, this jerk will make a nice addition to your killfile

    For the moment I'm enjoying watch it flail about flinging poo.
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Jan 19, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in news:#BZ#ArQHGHA.240
    @TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl:

    > For the moment I'm enjoying watch it flail about flinging poo.

    they twitch alot before they die....like after you cut off the chickens
    head and they haven't realized they're dead, because they use their brain
    so little....

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - "No! You can't have any of my lobster," said Tom, shellfishly.

    Neil, Jan 19, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >>> I can't believe I read the hall thing.
    >>
    >> trust me, this jerk will make a nice addition to your killfile
    >>

    >For the moment I'm enjoying watch it flail about flinging poo.

    'it' is either fmsmcse or just a another clueless retard, either way
    'it' is just a waste of bandwidth.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 19, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?V2luZG93c21jc2U=?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Jan 18, 2006 at 9:54am "Windowsmcse" blathered:

    > I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop that needs to upgraded to
    > Windows XP
    > Service Pack 2. I have attempted to install this through the windows
    > update site as well as the network download. In either event the
    > install hangs at the performing cleanup stage. Any ideas what is
    > causing this?

    The monitor is plugged into the serial port. HTH HAND

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    Generalization is always wrong.

    TechGeekPro, Jan 19, 2006