    I did run a chkdisk from the recovery console... still nothing.

    anyone have any ideas?

    , Dec 22, 2006

  2. beenthere Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >a little help please.
    >
    > I shut down my computer to unplug and move it when we were moving the
    > desk... I pluged it back in and now It will not boot past the splash
    > screen,... it just restarts and gives me the "LAST KNOWN GOOD
    > CONFIG..SAFE MODE...etc".. the computer will boot into SAFE MODE...
    > but when I try and inspect my Device Manager for conglicts.. it will
    > reboot agian.
    >
    > I have not been able to uncheck the automatic restart so I can see and
    > stop codes or blue screens or anything.
    >
    > I did run a chkdisk from the recovery console... still nothing.
    >
    > anyone have any ideas?

    In Safe Mode...
    Try checking your Event Viewer instead of going to Dev Man.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 22, 2006

  3. wrote in news:1166802344.174440.309070@
    79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

    > a little help please.
    >
    > I shut down my computer to unplug and move it when we were moving the
    > desk... I pluged it back in and now It will not boot past the splash
    > screen,... it just restarts and gives me the "LAST KNOWN GOOD
    > CONFIG..SAFE MODE...etc".. the computer will boot into SAFE MODE...
    > but when I try and inspect my Device Manager for conglicts.. it will
    > reboot agian.
    >
    > I have not been able to uncheck the automatic restart so I can see and
    > stop codes or blue screens or anything.
    >
    > I did run a chkdisk from the recovery console... still nothing.
    >
    > anyone have any ideas?

    Yeah. Try "last known good config".

    I think a good movie would be about this guy
    who is a brain scientist, but he gets hit on the head
    and it damages exactly that part of the brain
    that makes you want to study the brain.
    So, everyday he wakes up to try to figure out
    what his life was all about before getting hit on the head.
    It could be a romantic comedy because when he wakes up
    with an ugly girl, he'd think he's being Punk'd by Ashton Kutcher.

    Bucky Breeder, Dec 22, 2006
  4. Guest

    > Yeah. Try "last known good config".
    >

    > Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    I tried LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION..... but it does the same
    thing... resarts after the windows XP pro splash screen. I am at work
    right now.. so I am printing all responses to try when I get home.

    , Dec 22, 2006
  5. Shep© Guest

    On 22 Dec 2006 08:48:56 -0800 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With Yang
    then sent this :

    >> Yeah. Try "last known good config".
    >>

    >> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

    >I tried LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION..... but it does the same
    >thing... resarts after the windows XP pro splash screen. I am at work
    >right now.. so I am printing all responses to try when I get home.

    Try here,

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 22, 2006
  6. Guest

    wrote:

    >a little help please.
    >
    >I shut down my computer to unplug and move it when we were moving the
    >desk... I pluged it back in and now It will not boot past the splash
    >screen,... it just restarts and gives me the "LAST KNOWN GOOD
    >CONFIG..SAFE MODE...etc".. the computer will boot into SAFE MODE...
    >but when I try and inspect my Device Manager for conglicts.. it will
    >reboot agian.
    >
    >I have not been able to uncheck the automatic restart so I can see and
    >stop codes or blue screens or anything.
    >
    >I did run a chkdisk from the recovery console... still nothing.
    >
    >anyone have any ideas?

    You moved it and it doesn't work...

    Take the cover off and make sure all cables are connected.

    --
    http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ohsnap.gif

    , Dec 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    I traced it down to one of 2 things.. RAM or an ATI Video card... I
    needed more ram anyway, So I put in a new 1 GIG stick, and updated the
    ATI drivers from their website.. no crash now yet.

    But the new drivers did something to the TV Tuner on the
    ALL_IN_WONDER... it now has no sound when I launch the TV app. small
    potatos... As long as the computer RUNS.. i can keep my clients happy,

    , Dec 26, 2006
  8. Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:07:05 -0800, fshake Has Frothed:

    > I traced it down to one of 2 things.. RAM or an ATI Video card... I
    > needed more ram anyway, So I put in a new 1 GIG stick, and updated the
    > ATI drivers from their website.. no crash now yet.
    >
    > But the new drivers did something to the TV Tuner on the
    > ALL_IN_WONDER... it now has no sound when I launch the TV app. small
    > potatos... As long as the computer RUNS.. i can keep my clients happy,

    Uninstall then reinstall the All In Wonder application suite. Used to have
    one of those and if memory serves, the same thing happened to me.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Dec 26, 2006